FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Trophy Foods Inc  (Read 5715 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Trophy Foods Inc
« on: October 23, 2014, 09:54:18 AM »
Anyone know if Trophy Foods Inc. labels for allergens?  I have called and left a message, but wondered if anyone already knows.

Specifically, I have a bag of figs, if it matters.

NOTE TO MOD: I posted here hoping for a quick answer.  By the weekend, feel free to move to the appropriate board. I will if I remember.

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Trophy Foods Inc
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 10:44:54 AM »
If it's this company, they seem to carry a LOT of nuts.  Here's what they say about allergens... http://www.trophyfoods.com/quality.php 

Our Quality Assurance team supervises a best-in-class Allergen Preventative Program that involves allergen identification and stringent cleaning protocols.

What does that even mean??  Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with their products.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 11:50:19 AM »
It is that company.  But they are located in two provinces.  It's quite possible the nuts are not a risk.  But, that comment means nothing to me either.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 04:03:41 PM »
We couldn't get a satisfactory answer from them over the phone either. (For tree nuts, peanuts, and dairy. Asking about dried fruit.) We avoid their products. :(

Made in Nature is another option for dried fruit if that is what you were looking at.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:07:59 PM by spacecanada »
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 04:06:37 PM »
We couldn't get a satisfactory answer from them over the phone either. (For tree nuts, peanuts, and dairy.) We avoid their products. :(

<sigh>

I've already had to skip one ingredient because I couldn't find a safe brand.  I can't skip this too....plus I already bought it.

Cake is getting to expensive.  This will likely be the last year I make them.

<kicking rocks>

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »
Thank you spacecanada. I'm disappointed, but that's not your fault.  Didn't mean to be rude.

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 04:10:03 PM »
It never hurts to give them a call. Maybe the representative you get will be more helpful. 

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 05:54:04 PM »
I left a message. Their machine says a person will call back within 24 hours.

And I will not have time to make the cakes tomorrow.  I just hope I'm home when they call.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 08:04:47 AM »
We couldn't get a satisfactory answer from them over the phone either. (For tree nuts, peanuts, and dairy. Asking about dried fruit.) We avoid their products. :(

Made in Nature is another option for dried fruit if that is what you were looking at.

Still haven't heard back. I've sent an e-mail today.

Where do you purchase Made in Nature?

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 08:12:40 AM »
Trophy did not call me back, nor did they reply to my e-mail.

I did find figs from a company called SUNNY FRUIT, and they responded immediately. Their products are peanut, nut, and sesame free.  And gluten free on the label.

They are available US and Canada.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 08:15:51 AM by SilverLining »

Offline QsMommy

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 01:09:41 PM »
I did, finally, get a reply from Trophy Foods. I was inquiring about their dried apricots.

Here it is:

Dear Consumer,

We thank you for your inquiry and interest in our product.  Trophy Foods is a manufacturer of nuts and tree nuts, and therefore cannot declare nut free.  Although they may not have been manufactured on a nut line, they are stored in a facility where nuts are present.  We hope this information finds you well and thank you once again for your inquiry.

TROPHY FOODS INC.
Canada

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »
Thanks QsMommy.  And how are you and Q doing?  Haven't seen you around lately.

"We hope this information finds you well" ~~~ apparently it is will as long as we don't eat your product.   :insane:

Offline candyguru

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »

I buy "Made in Nature" dried apricots.  It states "no nuts / no gluten" on the label.  I buy them at Costco Canada.

From their website:

Does your dried fruit contain tree nuts and is there any chance of cross-contamination?

We understand how serious allergies can be and we want to ensure every experience with our products is always a happy and healthy one.

We have very strict procedures in place to ensure that there is no possibility of contamination from peanuts, or any type of tree nut in our products or in our facility. Each new lot of product that we receive has a variety of tests performed by an outside lab before it is processed in our facility. All of our fruit goes through a water washing process before it is packaged. We have a very thorough cleaning and sanitizing process that happens in our facility between shifts and between products. Most importantly, however, our facility is used exclusively for packaging our own dried fruit.

The only exception to this is our Organic Made in Nature Tropical Fruit Fusion, which is packaged in a different facility due to the coconut ingredient. Although that facility has very strict guidelines to follow, it packages other types of nuts as well. Therefore, we cannot 100% guarantee against cross contamination with that product.

http://www.madeinnature.com/
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 10:50:18 AM »
We use 'Made in Nature' dried fruits too.  Their allergen statement has changed slightly over the years.  They are very knowledgeable over the phone and email with any questions I've had.