FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Disney World  (Read 1865 times)

Description:

Offline SweetandSour

Disney World
« on: November 08, 2014, 07:54:29 AM »
Hey everybody.  It's been a loooong time,  and I hope everyone is well! Dh and I have been doing great!
I wanted fo share that we noticed something interesting at WDW last night.  On the map for the Christmas party, the first aid station has an Epi Pen logo next to it to signify they have them for emergency situations.  We've not noticed that elsewhere, so I wanted to share that it was there.

I also had a security guard at bag check ask me what my epis were for, and I I knew how to get  first aid. I thought that was also interesting as nobody has ever asked me that before.

Also as an update,  most of the resteraunts are trying to go nut free per several chefs I've spoked with. Liberty Tree now makes in house bread, so they are nut free.

Sci fi is testing an allergy menu so that they cab save time with the ordering process.  They hope to roll it out parkwide soon.

Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline MaryM

Re: Disney World
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 06:29:13 AM »
That is very cool! 

Offline spacecanada

Re: Disney World
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:28:29 PM »
We saw that too when we were there last week!  (They had allergy-friendly options at the free snack locations too.)  I was told they will be adding the EpiPen logo (at the first aid stations) to the regular park maps by the end of the year. 

Here's a link to a few more details:
http://www.allergyfreemouse.com/2014/11/epi-pens-soon-available-in-disney-parks-and-on-disney-cruise-ships/
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum