login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Dairy Challeneg Today  (Read 5788 times)

Description:

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Dairy Challeneg Today
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 01:59:06 AM »
I came to see how he was doing after getting home.  I'm glad he's doing so well. And I'm glad you had some wine available!  :) 

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline MaryM

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2015, 07:23:27 AM »
Thanks Mac.  He was certainly disappointed and a bit sad.  He asked to fall asleep with me so we snuggled a bit and chatted.  He told me he was sad and we talked about how nothing in his life has changed.  He still is super social, has good friends and a mom who always makes him great treats.  We talked about the fact that if he had a dairy allergy 30 years ago he would not have Daiya cheese or Divvies or the yummy vanilla soy ice cream he loves.  I also told him how much more aware restaurants are becoming and that he will have more dining out options as he gets older.  We talked a bit about the options Dr. N gave us yesterday.  He isn't sure what he wants to do, but I think he may be leaning towards the most aggressive option - retrying a smaller amount of milk because he did not like the pizza.  I told him even if he doesn't like the pizza brand they use for the challenge that if he passes he can try other kinds. I also said if he wants to wait a year and just continue with baked milk that that's fine too.  We have to sit down and discuss and then email the doctor our questions.  We are all still tired today.  DS was asleep before 8 (as was I) and he didn't wake up until 7:30.  He is usually up before 7.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2015, 10:31:08 AM »
Sounds like a good chat Mary and that your son is handling his disappointment well.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2015, 02:13:19 PM »
He sounds like he has such a good head on his shoulders. Glad you had that nice talk. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2015, 06:20:41 PM »
He sounds like he has such a good head on his shoulders. Glad you had that nice talk.
Her certainly does.  Very mature!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US