FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: 2015 Valentine's Day Candy  (Read 6522 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

Re: 2015 Valentine's Day Candy
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 12:07:52 AM »
You can get a 1 lb (I think that's the size) tin of it from the Hershey's website. It costs quite a bit more than buying the $1 tubes though. Especially with shipping.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline candyguru

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 04:37:53 PM »
I wonder if I can find Gimbal's this year. Occasionally I come across them.

Walmart in Canada usually has peanut free conversation hearts. I'll have to check.

I saw Gimbal's Valentine shaped jelly beans at the Target store at Yonge and Steele's Centrepoint Mall this weekend.. they have lots of it! (they seem to have a lot of Valentine candy in stock which will probably go on sale soon due to the bankrupcy)
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline candyguru

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2015, 04:44:11 PM »
Canada specific

I have not found any Valentine candy at Walmart.  ???

The DollarStore, which has been wonderful for peanut free candy....everything has a peanut/nut warning this year.  :rant:

Loblaws Superstore, I found a 800 g bag of Rito's Sweet Notes for $2.98.  :thumbsup: peanut/nut free and Kosher.

I have found the following peanut-free products when checking out Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart, Target, etc:

1) Skittles Valentine packs
2) Freddo chocolate hearts
3) Kinder Valentine Surprise Eggs
4) Hershey Valentine kisses and Hershey XOXO chocolates
5) Jelly Belly Valentine jelly bean packs (& Gimballs at Target)

I think there is also a Nestle Smarties heart box at Loblaws but have to check the ingredient list still
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2015, 08:04:36 PM »
I wonder if I can find Gimbal's this year. Occasionally I come across them.

Walmart in Canada usually has peanut free conversation hearts. I'll have to check.

I saw Gimbal's Valentine shaped jelly beans at the Target store at Yonge and Steele's Centrepoint Mall this weekend.. they have lots of it! (they seem to have a lot of Valentine candy in stock which will probably go on sale soon due to the bankrupcy)

I saw some Gimbal's Valentine jelly beans (reds and pinks) at Michaels on Kennedy. Then I looked at the price and laughed hysterically.

Offline notashrimpwimp

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 08:23:54 PM »
Is it just me, or do the Cherry Sweethearts from Sugarfina look like Gimbals?

They have an acrylic heart that reads "You're my Sweetheart," along with other options.

Offline nameless

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 05:19:50 PM »
Hershey has a chocolate-covered marshmallow heart that is safe. However, DD had it yesterday and said it tastes awful. She said the chocolate tastes fine but that the marshmallow tastes gross (I think the word poop was used).

I bought one today...the chocolate is actually horrible, imho. It's not the usual Hershey's milk chocolate.
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 12:26:14 AM »
NASW a few years ago at Kroger (how I miss that store) in Virginia insaw a giant jar/barrel (32 oz??) that I coukdnswear was gimbals with a different label. Same everything as Gimbal's but the name.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts