FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Rhodes dinner rolls  (Read 4847 times)

Description: frozen bread dough

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Rhodes dinner rolls
« on: January 22, 2015, 11:42:46 AM »
We were discussing this product in OT.  Here is the allergen statement off of my bag:

CONTAINS:  WHEAT,SOY

Individuals with food allergies:  This product is manufactured in a facility that processes foods containing wheat, milk, soy, and seeds.  Rhodes does not use any tree nuts, peanuts, meat, fish, or shellfish.  This product was produced on a line that is dedicated solely to non-dairy items.

So, it seems worth a call about the sesame factor.  They may be in the facility, but maybe not on the line for a particular product, if that fits one's comfort zone.   
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Rhodes dinner rolls
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 11:47:56 AM »
And so far I haven't seen sesame as an ingredient but other seeds. But I didn't check all products. It will be grest if this is an option.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 06:28:20 PM »
The garlic pull apart bread was a huge hit.  Yummy!  I used a 13x9 pan. 

20 dough balls.  Let them sit out on a cookie sheet for a bit, about 45 mins, until soft enough to snip apart or cut in half.  I used kitchen shears.  They can be firm, just thawed enough to snip. 

Melt  1/2 stick butter, and and add about a teaspoon of garlic powder, some dried parsley, some grated parmesan/romano, maybe 1/4 cup.  I added a bit of EVOO as well.  Mix that together and coat each piece of dough with it and arrange evenly in the pan( sprayed PAM in the pan).  Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for a few hours, until they puff up nicely.  Bake for 20-25 mins at 350 degrees.  Oh, I sprinkled a bit or shredded romano on top before baking. 

I think you could do them in any shape pan, and play with it.  These came out like small rolls, all even in size and pulled apart in a fun way. 

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 05:19:57 PM »
I saw these at my local grocery store today.  I don't think I could get them in IL, but I may not have looked very had either.  Once we have a kitchen, I will have to make my aunt's monkey bread for the kids (I don't think they remember having it)...it's ridiculously easy and as well as bad for you (you make it the night before and cook in the am).

Offline maeve

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 04:24:17 PM »
We've used these (the french rolls and another variety) without problems.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 12:14:01 PM »
I called today, they do not have any sesame in their facility.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 08:43:41 AM »
Awesome!  I hope McC sees this. 

Hmmm, it does say this on the website:  Individuals with food allergies:
This product is manufactured in a facility that processes food containing wheat, milk, soy, and seeds. Rhodes does not use any tree nuts, peanuts, meat, fish or shellfish.

I only went to check for a friend who has milk concerns, so I went there, and saw the statement. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:53:21 AM by becca »