imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Miserable  (Read 2534 times)

Description:

Courtney

Miserable
« on: January 23, 2015, 08:16:50 PM »
I hope someone can shed some light on what is going on with me.   I have been experiencing rapid pulse and an aching in my left bicep, (I had an EKG and blood work during one episode nothing wrong with my heart) after eating.  Sometimes it passes quickly (1/2 hour) sometime it lingers for hours.  I recently have been seeing an allergist but he has only tested me for environmental allergens (to which I was positive for 45 of 50) but he doesn't think this is food related.  I am almost certain it is.  Does anyone else have/had these symptoms any ideas on what it could be?

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: Miserable
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 08:38:43 PM »
Hmm. The muscle pain doesn't sound  food-related. Is there a reason you think this is related to food? Does this happen after you eat a certain food?
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 12:36:59 PM »
I'm really glad that you had a cardiac workup.  This is the kind of thing that is classically cardiac-- in WOMEN, that is.

It is often missed or disregarded as indigestion, particularly in younger women. 

Hope that you figure it out-- but no, it doesn't match up very well with food allergy symptoms-- only very rarely will muscle pain that is that focal like that be a manifestation, and it's almost always associated with specific smooth muscle, like uterus, small intestines, or cardiac muscle. 

It is almost unheard of for it to be exclusive like this, and in the absence of any other symptoms.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 12:51:08 PM »
Did they have you wear an event recorder to establish a pattern?

If it isn't cardiac (and I wouldn't completely discount this based on one exam), then maybe the bicep pain is referred from the esophagus and it is really GERD or an ulcer?  Have you had a GI workup?

I hope you can find the source of this and get some relief!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US