FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Goldfish Puffs: Contaminated?  (Read 6632 times)

Description:

Offline cammiec

• Oklahoma Rain Photography
Goldfish Puffs: Contaminated?
« on: January 28, 2015, 01:35:49 PM »
Has anyone else tried the Goldfish Puffs by Pepperidge Farms? The package claims to be Gluten Free, & the ingredient list looks safe. But I've finally narrowed it down to the Puffs that are causing my horrible stomach pains. I've read a few posts in other forums where people with wheat allergies are experiencing similar symptoms.  I've contacted Pepperidge Farms to ask if Puffs are made in the same facility or equipment. (But why woild they admit if they were? Lol)
wheat, buckwheat, rye, oats, flax, plum, kiwi, watermelon, honeydew melon, squash, garlic, pinenuts, pistachio
And now severely lactose intolerant

guess

Re: Goldfish Puffs: Contaminated?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 01:39:54 PM »
The FDA has a reporting mechanism for contaminated items in order to trigger a recall.  For some this may be life threatening risk if they are contaminated.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 06:30:03 AM »
I have found that PF labels for shared equipment for the allergens we deal with. However, I do not know about a GF environment.

I wonder if FAARP tests for gluten. You might look it up. If so, you woukd send them what remains of a package that you have eaten and had symptoms afterward. They analyze it for free and give you a report. I believe they contact the manufacturer and the FDA, too, but I'm not sure.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline cammiec

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 09:30:55 PM »
I got my sample sent off to FAARP, I'll share the results when I get them!
wheat, buckwheat, rye, oats, flax, plum, kiwi, watermelon, honeydew melon, squash, garlic, pinenuts, pistachio

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 08:26:38 AM »
Any word?  Saw these and wondered if it was worth the risk...
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline cammiec

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 11:29:10 AM »
Hello!  I am so sorry for not posting a follow up.  FAARP only tested for pistachio & wheat, but said they found no traces of any.  I still do not know what caused my reactions, but of course I cannot make myself eat the goldfish again.

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 01:19:42 PM »
Not sure which flavor you've eaten, but it looks like all the flavors except BBQ contain milk and I'd suspect that one contains cumin.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline cammiec

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 08:36:44 AM »
Not sure which flavor you've eaten, but it looks like all the flavors except BBQ contain milk and I'd suspect that one contains cumin.

Oh my goodness I didn't even put that together!  I bet it is the lactose intolerance that I was recently diagnosed with!  Geez, still so much to learn...  ~)

Offline krasota

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 12:07:18 PM »
I had a celiac reaction to them, but not allergic.  I'm allergic to wheat, but RBO only get me via CD.

So regardless, I'm not touching them again.
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.