imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Peptide Shots as Treatment  (Read 3979 times)

Description:

Amy

Peptide Shots as Treatment
« on: May 02, 2013, 07:20:45 AM »
Hi there.  Has anyone on this board attempted Peptide shots for allergies?   They are for immune/auto-immune disorders.  There are 25+ doctors who offer them in the US and they are not FDA approved, but were developed by Oxford University and have been used to some degree for over 30 years in Europe.   I have a very long story, but my body is currently hyper reacting to nearly everything I put in my mouth (food, supplement or drug) and am having to go some alternative routes since living on antihistamines and steroids is not an option.  I had my first shot yesterday and felt no change, but from the limited information I can find online, it sometimes takes up to 3 shots for the immune system to shift.  The information I have found are from forums for people with Fibro, MS, Sourjourns, etc - all auto-immune.   

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Peptide Shots as Treatment
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 08:46:30 AM »
It sounds like it could be a promising treatment.  The articles I could find were all several years old and seemed to indicate that further research was needed to determine the right peptide(s) and therapeutic dose(s).  I'll be interested to hear more about your experience!
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

twinturbo

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 04:16:28 PM »
Tell me more.

Amy

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 09:25:38 AM »
Hi guys.  I've had four shots within a 2.5 month period and we're going to stop there until the results from my blood work come back from Switzerland.  The blood work will tell them which peptides I actually need and whether I need a custom mix - which would have to be done overseas.  The first shot seemed to do absolutely nothing positive.  The second shot gave me a sustained boost in energy and my allergies began to lessen considerably.  The third shot gave me another sustained boost in energy but the allergies began to increase a bit.  The fourth shot seemed to do nothing except give me a bit of energy and I'm back to dealing with reactions again.  I do have the complication of my endocrine system being involved and my hormones being off, so that may be playing a role in the effectiveness of the shots.   It's all so complicated. I do think it's worth it though, even if they're $360 a shot and my journey has been up and down.