FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Evidence of peanut proteins in vaccines ??  (Read 23331 times)

Description:

Offline APV

• TIME OUT
Re: Evidence of peanut proteins in vaccines
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2015, 10:56:58 PM »
DD has had no vaxes and has a tree nut allergy - can you please explain that?  Personally, I am blaming two strong doses of antibiotics within a three month time period.  She was 4.5 when she developed her allergy, no previous signs.
Antibiotics can affect the gut microbiome which in turn can tilt immune balance towards allergy development. Was she prescribed acid-reducing medication? That could cause exposure of intact dietary proteins to the gut mucosa, resulting in sensitization.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2015, 11:46:36 PM »
Hey APV--are there other food allergy-related issues/concerns that you want to talk about with this group?  504s for school kids, labeling laws and the advocacy for sesame to be included, questions about manufacturers? 

The gut/proton pump inhibitor thing  I am interested in.

But beyond that, what are you interested in as a food allergy parent (if I remember correctly)?

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline APV

• TIME OUT
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2015, 12:22:50 AM »
CMdeux,

If avoiding vaccines was an option, why would I care about vaccine safety?

"Agar is NOT "seafood" derived."

What I meant was, any seafood can be contaminated with seaweed/algae proteins.
Agar in vaccines is seaweed/algae derived. So if you develop allergy to seaweed proteins, you can react to seafood.

"Polysorbates are not associated with any particular allergens-- they are particular chemical formulae, and may be derived from any number of sources,"

Polysorbates are not made using a textbook perfect process. In the real world, contamination is a fact of life.
There is no specification limiting the allergen content in vaccines or injectable grade polysorbate. So, manufacturers do not and can not test during production. Do you know what is a safe quantity of allergen that can be injected into humans? If we don't know how much is safe to inject and we don't know how much allergen is contained in polysorbates, Murphy's law applies. Our kids with food allergy are living proof of the outcome.
When they don't have a specification, they are not engineering vaccines, they are tinkering with them. They are tinkering with our children's lives.

"but if they are contaminated with food proteins, they won't do what they need to as additives."
That's like saying vaccines won't work because they are contaminated with ovalbumin.
8-18ng/ml of casein is all it takes to cause anaphylaxis. Even less to cause sensitization.
18ng/ml is not going to stop the additive from doing what it is supposed to do.

"scaremongering"
If you are not scared about vaccines, you probably don't know enough about them.

"Daily consumption is about 10 times the amount in that oh-so-scary Vitamin K injection label that you dug up."
Apparently, you don't realize that ingesting is not the same as injecting? Surprising if this is your area of professional expertise ...
If you don't have ulcers, you can ingest cobra venom, but it would be a bad idea to inject it ...

"In so doing, you ignored the far larger number of data points which support the SAFETY of those same things."

References showing safety of food allergens in vaccines, please.

"Your final line indicates that you feel that Japan stopped immunizing schoolchildren on the basis of some grave risk to those children..."
Your own reference says:
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM200103223441204
"This program was abandoned in 1994 in response to community pressures following publicity of adverse reactions and questions about vaccine effectiveness."

If it was working great, why would they stop it?

Offline APV

• TIME OUT
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2015, 12:36:12 AM »
CMdeux,

About the cocoa, there's another interesting part to it:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22342543

How did they induce egg allergy in those rats?
They injected pertussis toxin with alum, along with ovalbumin.
That's the human equivalent of getting DTaP/TDaP, contaminated with ovalbumin instead of casein.
DTaP/TdaP of course contain aluminum salts as an adjuvant and pertussis toxins - both powerful adjuvants.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2015, 06:08:14 AM »
If we don't vaccinate, then WE are tinkering with our kids' lives.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2015, 07:19:42 AM »
APV, are you currently training to be a researcher?

A scientist, so you can come up with a better and safer (in your own mind) vaccine?

Are you contacting governments, and people who make these vaccines?

Or are you just here....trying to scare monger among parents of newly diagnosed kids?

In other words, what are YOU actually doing to improve this situation that concerns you so much?

~~~

You claim to have a newly diagnosed child, yet you seem to not have any concerns on the "living with". 

Offline lakeswimr

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2015, 07:36:30 AM »
DD has had no vaxes and has a tree nut allergy - can you please explain that?  Personally, I am blaming two strong doses of antibiotics within a three month time period.  She was 4.5 when she developed her allergy, no previous signs.
Antibiotics can affect the gut microbiome which in turn can tilt immune balance towards allergy development. Was she prescribed acid-reducing medication? That could cause exposure of intact dietary proteins to the gut mucosa, resulting in sensitization.

It might be true that antibiotics and gut flora are somehow involved.  There is some current research about treating people with a *particular* probiotic and it helping people's peanut allergy.  But that is still in research stages.  You speak as though what you are saying is proven already but it is not.  If it were, allergists would also be telling us these same things. 

You seem to be cutting and pasting most of your replies instead of writing your own summary of ideas.  You are not always using quotes for things you appear to be cutting and pasting. 

You seem to be claiming that exposure via blood makes people allergic but if that were the case people would develop food allergies after getting skin testing and that does not happen.  If that were happening people would have noticed it by now.  I don't like to say this here because it annoys people but there is another place where I talk about food allergies that has a lot more members and never once in the over many years I have been reading people's posts there has even one person said this happened to them.  Allergists would notice if this were happening to their patients.  My son has been tested for many things to which he tested negative and he remained negative to them.  (That would be just him and wouldn't mean much as a whole but really, if this were happening we would know it already.)

My issue with your posts is that you are so very certain of things that have no research to back them up.  Your mind does not appear to be open to the question--'do vaccines affect food allergies?'  That would be a reasonable question to ask.  But you have started with a firm answer already and that is coloring all your posts on this topic.

I am worried that the lowering of the vax rate in this country will lead to unnecessary deaths and complications from preventable diseases.  I do not think vaccines are tied to food allergies.  So far there is no evidence of this.  Nothing you posted is the least bit concerning or convincing to me and I have my mind open to the question of what exactly is causing the rise in food allergies. 

If you want help dealing with having a child with FAs, this is a helpful place.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2015, 07:41:46 AM »
Hey APV--are there other food allergy-related issues/concerns that you want to talk about with this group?  504s for school kids, labeling laws and the advocacy for sesame to be included, questions about manufacturers? 

The gut/proton pump inhibitor thing  I am interested in.

But beyond that, what are you interested in as a food allergy parent (if I remember correctly)?

My issue is that as lakeswimr says, there is no other involvement in our community.  It just feels like we are being used by someone who parachutes in to further an agenda. 

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2015, 10:28:06 AM »

No proton pump inhibitors until after the anaphylactic reaction.  BTW - she had a steady diet of tree nuts, may contains, etc with no known issue prior the anaphylactic reaction.  Have not been brave enough to deal with testing yet but so far we have two tree nuts, macadamia and hazelnut so avoiding all for now.

She has been a relatively healthy child until this year - one strong antibiotic thanks to a splinter up her toe nail that caused blood poisoning and a stubborn UTI complete with 105 degree fevers.

My thoughts?  Her allergies are probably based on her really poor atopic genetics.  Look down at our list of allergens - generation prior to me was filled with asthmatics, extreme EA's and drug allergies.  Generation prior to that was asthmatics, extreme EA's, food and drug allergies. 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2015, 11:26:55 AM »
Cross-posting:

In 1962, children's book author Roald Dahl lost his oldest daughter, Olivia, to measles. She was 7 years old.

Twenty-six years later, Dahl wrote a letter to parents about what happened:

"As the illness took its usual course I can remember reading to her often in bed and not feeling particularly alarmed about it. Then one morning, when she was well on the road to recovery, I was sitting on her bed showing her how to fashion little animals out of coloured pipe-cleaners, and when it came to her turn to make one herself, I noticed that her fingers and her mind were not working together and she couldn't do anything.
" 'Are you feeling all right?' I asked her.
" 'I feel all sleepy,' she said.
"In an hour, she was unconscious. In twelve hours she was dead."

Measles Is A Killer: It Took 145,000 Lives Worldwide Last Year

Olivia had what's called measles encephalitis. The virus had spread to her brain. Her immune system rushed in to fight it. Her brain swelled up.

"A lot of folks feel measles isn't a big deal. It just causes a rash and a fever," says Dr. Alice Ackerman, chairwoman of the pediatrics department at Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine. "In the majority of cases, that's true."

But in about 1 in 1,000 cases, the infection becomes systemic and moves to the brain.

"This causes behavioral changes, potential brain swelling and convulsions," Ackerman says. There's little doctors can do. Children can be left deaf, blind or with mental retardation — if they recover.

Even after a mild, "normal" case of measles, Ackerman says, there's a very small chance brain damage could develop years later.

"It doesn't matter how bad your initial measles infection was," she says. "Up to about eight years later, children can start showing behavioral changes. They may have problems sleeping or start acting funny. It's a degenerative process: The brain gets more and more physically damaged [from inflammation] over time."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/goatsandsoda/2015/02/03/383305152/beyond-rash-and-fever-how-measles-can-kill

Offline Linden

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 11:43:49 AM »

My issue is that as lakeswimr says, there is no other involvement in our community.  It just feels like we are being used by someone who parachutes in to further an agenda. 

I agree.  At best we are being provoked in order to further an agenda. It bothers me to see so many of this community's members getting taken advantage of in this way.   
DS TNA/EA, avocado, environmentals, asthma

Offline eragon

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2015, 12:38:26 PM »
seafood allergies linked to vaccines? No I dont think so.

its more likely that a common allergy, as dust mite provides a link to shellfish allergy. As outer 'shell' of dust mite has similar protein structure to shellfish, esp shrimp/prawns.

If vaccines provide a substantial risk of the development of shellfish allergy, why does the rise of shellfish allergy peak in woman who are of menopausal age?

It is far too simplistic to take a small ingredient of a vaccine and blame another food group for causing allergic reactions  simply because both can be found in the sea!

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2015, 03:43:53 PM »
This is maybe overly dismissive to a serious discussion.  I'll choose to blame the cough syrup and general snarky mood that I'm in today.

If you are really worried about this method of exposure, (which I'm not going to concede is actually occurring from vaccines, but whatever) then you should be super worried about kids in day cares all over the country.  Because the amount of times that I have seen one toddler bite another toddler?  Shouldn't their be epidemic levels of milk allergy from that?

Offline APV

• TIME OUT
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 12:05:07 AM »
Influenza Specific Serum IgE is Present in Non-Allergic
Subjects
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-3083.2005.01710.x/pdf
"To our surprise we found that these healthy
subjects, with no known or documented allergy, had an
IgE response against influenza. Furthermore, the level of
serum IgE significantly increased after influenza vaccination."

"This is of interest since we found a
significantly higher level of influenza specific IgE after
vaccination with influenza which might indicate a participation
of IgE in viral defence. IgE may attach to virus and
if connected to mast cells cause activation and participation
in the viral defence, as mediators released from mast
cells may turn the immunological response towards a Th1
profile, recruiting for example, T lymphocytes, and thus
protect against viral infection."

In short, part of the reason vaccines work is because they induce an allergy (IgE formation) against the viral/bacterial protein in the vaccine.
If you subsequently breathe in a cough droplet with that virus, you will suffer a small allergic reaction. Runny nose, perhaps a sneeze. It is the first line of defense to expel or wash away the virus.

Now add a food protein to the vaccine. Would it be surprising if IgE is formed against that food protein?
Next, food exposure does not happen in minute doses such as a cough droplet. Should we surprised if we suffer a big reaction/anaphylaxis?

More studies showing the same:
http://www.jimmunol.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/188/1_MeetingAbstracts/113.9
Smith-Norowitz TA, Wong D, Kusonruksa M, Norowitz KB, Joks R, Durkin HG, Bluth MH. Long Term Persistence of IgE Anti-Influenza Virus Antibodies in Pediatric and Adult Serum Post Vaccination with Influenza Virus Vaccine. Int J Med Sci 2011; 8(3):239-244. doi:10.7150/ijms.8.239. Available from http://www.medsci.org/v08p0239.htm
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/830756

Offline APV

• TIME OUT
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 12:14:02 AM »
If we don't vaccinate, then WE are tinkering with our kids' lives.

Yes, please choose your vaccine carefully if you have a choice. Make your kids drink cocoa before you vaccinate and continue for a month after.
To avoid too many food proteins and adjuvants at one time, I vaccinate my kids only one shot a month.

I AM asking for help. As I wrote, I would like people here to demand safer vaccines. Please demand the removal of food proteins from vaccines.