Evidence of peanut proteins in vaccines ??

Started by APV, January 30, 2015, 12:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakeswimr

You are making the assumption that this means anything with regard to food allergies.  The articles you posted just above did not make that claim.  If vaccines did cause food allergies, the list of top allergens would include gelatin but gelatin allergy is very rare (ditto pork and beef allergies).  Top allergens are not all in vaccines.  What would explain that? 

This is the third time I've asked that so it is probably silly of me to post in response. 

What would a safer vaccine mean?  Do you really know?  Are you 100% sure?   

The question of children biting one anther at daycare was a good one.  Why isn't that producing food allergies?  Why don't skin tests produce food allergies?  Why do unvaxed kids get food allergies?  Why do people not report developing food allergies just after receiving vaccines?  For example, adults who get vaccines. 

Firebird

Reminder to member APV:

Terms of Service
Username registered for the purpose of Committee Member role 2008 - 2009, and 2011 - 2012.

AKA ajasfolks2

guess

What happens when you get a person who thinks Autism and food allergies are made up in the same room who thinks vaccines cause food allergies and ASD?  I'd pay per view that.

maeve

Quote from: APV on February 05, 2015, 12:05:07 AM
In short, part of the reason vaccines work is because they induce an allergy (IgE formation) against the viral/bacterial protein in the vaccine.
If you subsequently breathe in a cough droplet with that virus, you will suffer a small allergic reaction. Runny nose, perhaps a sneeze. It is the first line of defense to expel or wash away the virus.

In the case of the abstract you quoted, it looks like researchers think it may help the body mount a defense against the influenza virus, but not because it induces an allergic response but because it recruits T cells to fight off the virus. BTW, the studies those researchers referenced had a total of 43 subjects. That's a small pool from which to draw any conclusions, and they didn't.

IgE exists in all people not just those with allergies. It is theorized it evolved to tackle parasitic infections.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3206235/

"Longitudinal studies have demonstrated that levels of IgE increases with age from birth, regardless of atopic status but the increment in atopic children is abrupt and continue to have high levels in adult hood."

"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

APV

Quote from: maeve on February 05, 2015, 04:47:05 PM
it looks like researchers think it may help the body mount a defense against the influenza virus, but not because it induces an allergic response but because it recruits T cells to fight off the virus.

maeve,
They also refer to histamine release by mast cells which is basically an allergic response.

SilverLining

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

100% of people with allergies have consumed dihydrogen.
100% of people with cancer have consumed dihydrogen.

TabiCat

100% of persons with ASD have consumed it as well.
Ds - Peanut and Tree nut and a  host of enviro

Texas

SilverLining

maeve

Quote from: APV on February 09, 2015, 02:02:21 AM
Quote from: maeve on February 05, 2015, 04:47:05 PM
it looks like researchers think it may help the body mount a defense against the influenza virus, but not because it induces an allergic response but because it recruits T cells to fight off the virus.

maeve,
They also refer to histamine release by mast cells which is basically an allergic response.

I read that but if you read the rest of that sentence and the whole paragraph, it states that it uses this response to recruit T cells.

I should point out that a) what was linked was not a published study but a letter to the editor and b) the copyright on the link is 10 years old. I have not seen any reporting on further on this subject.

Also, if you're so concerned about peanut and other allergens being used in vaccines (which they're not), why aren't you up in arms about prenatal vitamins of which several varieties contain peanut oil?

Honestly, give it a rest.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

hedgehog

Quote from: SilverLining on February 09, 2015, 06:39:14 AM

I currently have large, even dangerous amounts of dihydrogen monoxide, in its crystalline form, in my yard.  I need to remove a significant amount, which will be very labor intensive.  But even after I remove what I can, much of it will end up in the ground water.  And I have a well.
USA

SilverLining

Quote from: hedgehog on February 09, 2015, 01:21:57 PM

I currently have large, even dangerous amounts of dihydrogen monoxide, in its crystalline form, in my yard.  I need to remove a significant amount, which will be very labor intensive.  But even after I remove what I can, much of it will end up in the ground water.  And I have a well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SIaFtAKnqBU

spacecanada

I guess we all need to move to the Moon.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Jessica

We do too and it's in a form that is very hard to remove. It poses a threat to humans, animals and even inanimate objects, even if not ingested. :( I wish it never appeared.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

becca

Quote from: Jessica on February 10, 2015, 04:01:16 AM

We do too and it's in a form that is very hard to remove. It poses a threat to humans, animals and even inanimate objects, even if not ingested. :( I wish it never appeared.

OMG!  I let my kids go out to play in and with it.  Is there an antidote?
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy