Evidence of peanut proteins in vaccines ??

Started by APV, January 30, 2015, 12:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLining

And food allergies have been around since before the fifties. There is a chapter about food allergies in a family medical book that I have from 1950.

rebekahc

My grandfather had PA - he was born in 1909.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Janelle205

My food allergies were all developed in adulthood, long, long after I had vaccinations.  And most of them are atypical - I'm guessing vaccine exposure to the things that affect me is probably unlikely.

APV

The immune system being exposed to intact food proteins is the root cause of Type I allergy.
As I wrote before, ingested food proteins are broken down into harmless amino acids by stomach acid/enzymes.
When this natural barrier is bypassed, one can develop allergy.

The most common (but not the only) mechanism of bypassing this protection is injection of the food protein.
Other possibilities:
1. Skin prick allergy tests.
2. Insect bites.
3. Stomach acid reducing medications.
4. Eczematous skin, exposure to food proteins.

APV

http://www.excipientfest.com/europe/pdf/EFE14%20June%2024,%20A1%20The%20Joint%20IPEC-PQG%20GMP%20Guide.pdf

"How is excipient
manufacture regulated?
• To the surprise of many the
manufacture and supply of excipients
is unregulated by any agency
• European legislation puts the onus on
the user, the MA holder to ensure that
starting materials are of a 'suitable'
standard"

Does that inspire much confidence in vaccine/injection safety?

becca

My MIL was born in 1933 and had MFAs as an infant and child. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

eragon

allergies have always been with us!

first record of asthma was from a 10th century monk.

animals have allergic reactions as well. 
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

ajasfolks2

Quote from: APV on February 13, 2015, 11:20:51 PM
Quote from: ajasfolks2 on February 12, 2015, 07:34:20 AM
"So, then, using your same "logic" I can now tell my kids that it would be perfectly *safe* to eat their allergens as the proteins that cause their anaphylxis  will be rendered harmless due to the break down into amino acids at the hands of their digestve enzymes?!"

Sorry, but you don't seem to understand the mechanism of Type I hypersensitivity IgE mediated allergy. Most food allergies fall into this category.
When a protein is injected, your body creates a protein specific immunoglobulin E (IgE). These move via the blood and attach to mast cells in your mouth.
You have now been sensitized (or have developed an allergy). Subsequently, when you place this protein in your mouth, the IgE attaches to the protein and triggers a reaction. This is known as elicitation. As you can see, the digestive enzymes are not involved at all.

Actually, you don't seem to understand the mechanism of a food allergy support group that has had enough of your hooey.

Seriously.

To quote member maeve,

Honestly, give it a rest.

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

hedgehog

If we all stop feeding the troll, maybe it will go away.
USA

Firebird

Thread is locked.
Username registered for the purpose of Committee Member role 2008 - 2009, and 2011 - 2012.

AKA ajasfolks2

APV

IOM: Food proteins present in vaccines cause the development of food allergies

The US Dept. of Health and Human Services (HHS) charged the Institute of Medicine (IOM) with providing a thorough review of the current medical and scientific evidence on vaccines and vaccine adverse events.

The IOM has concluded in its report that:

FOOD PROTEINS PRESENT IN VACCINES CAUSE THE DEVELOPMENT OF FOOD ALLERGIES.

https://iom.nationalacademies.org/Reports/2011/Adverse-Effects-of-Vaccines-Evidence-and-Causality.aspx

"Adverse events on our list thought to be due to IgE-mediated hypersensitivity reactions
Antigens in the vaccines that the committee is charged with reviewing do not typically elicit an immediate hypersensitivity reaction (e.g., hepatitis B surface antigen, toxoids, gelatin, ovalbumin, casamino acids).
However, as will be discussed in subsequent chapters, the above-mentioned antigens do occasionally induce IgE-mediated sensitization in some individuals and subsequent hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylaxis."

For those who may not be familiar, here are the basics of allergy - a two step process:

Sensitization: When exposure to an allergen (food protein) occurs for the first time, there are no symptoms. Over a period of a few weeks, the immune system develops antibodies specific to the allergen. The person is now sensitized. In other words, the person has developed allergy to the specific food item. "IgE-mediated sensitization", is the technical description for development of allergy.

Elicitation: When a sensitized person is exposed to the same allergen again, they develop an immediate reaction (usually within minutes). Also called hypersensitivity reaction. This is called elicitation. A severe, life-threatening case of elicitation is known as anaphylaxis.

So in simple English, the IOM committee has concluded that food proteins such as gelatin, egg (ovalbumin) and milk (casamino acid is derived from milk) that are present in vaccines, cause healthy non-allergic people to develop allergies to those food items upon receiving the vaccine.

ninjaroll

The only mention of allergy and anaphylaxis from this 2011 report is from an incident related to the vaccine itself.  Nowhere did I see sensitization and resulting food allergy in that report.  Are you tacking things on?  If not cite from within.  Use APA with exact text quote so we can find it.  Thanks.

APV

I already provided the exact text quote.

Pl. see document Pg. 65 (pdf pg. 94 ) and Pg.277 (pdf pg. 306).

APV

1. Frontiers in Basic Immunology 2015
Center of Excellence in Immunology, CCR, NCI.
NIH, US Dept. of Health and Human Services.

Evidence that Food Proteins in Vaccines Cause the Development of Food
Allergies and its Implications for Vaccine Policy
https://mttmblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/frontiersabstractbk.pdf

Please see pg. 12.

2. Arumugham V (2015) Evidence that Food Proteins in Vaccines Cause the
Development of Food Allergies and Its Implications for Vaccine Policy. J Develop Drugs
4: 137. doi:10.4172/2329-6631.1000137
http://www.omicsgroup.org/journals/evidence-that-food-proteins-in-vaccines-cause-the-development-of-foodallergies-and-its-implications-for-vaccine-policy-2329-6631-1000137.pdf

admin rebekahc

What were the submission/acceptance requirements for a poster abstract at this conference?  Generally, as long as you meet the formatting guidelines and pay your fee, it will be accepted.

Please stop making new threads.  I'm merging this with your other thread.  This topic will remain unlocked for 24 hours to allow responses.

ETA:  As for the second link, it's an OPEN ACCESS journal.  That means anyone can submit and be published for a fee as long as you meet the formatting requirements, etc. (just like with the poster abstract). 
TX USA