FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

Potato soup?

(1/4) > >>

SilverLining:
copied from old site.

INGREDIENTS
3 bacon strips, diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups chicken broth
2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup half-and-half cream
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Minced fresh parsley

DIRECTIONS
In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley.

I used precooked bacon, so I just sauted the onion and garlic in butter. I also put the bacon right in the pot and threw in a couple handfuls of sharp cheddar. I also used only half the basil. I doubled the recipe and there is hardly any left with only 2 of us eating it! I also waited til it was hot then threw it in the crock pot for a couple hours.

Read more: http://allergy.hyperboards.com/action/view_topic/topic_id/6557/start/1#ixzz2weJRTpvR

SilverLining:
Anyone have a good potato soup recipe for the slow cooker?

Macabre:
I'm making two crock pots full tonight of a baked potato soup. I'll post the recipe later.

YouKnowWho:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/baked-potato-soup-2

This is where I start (I sub cubed ham for bacon sometimes or do both though the ham version is easier for the crockpot).  Just before serving, I add the cream and bring back to heat.

We add hot pepper sauce or just pass the shaker of cayenne (this is a great soup if your sinuses are clogged).

Macabre:
That  amazing soup. Got rave reviews. Will post recipe later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version