login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Sugar cookie cheesecake  (Read 5230 times)

Description:

Offline Janelle205

Re: Sugar cookie cheesecake
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 02:01:31 AM »
I must have an amazing springform pan, because I've made a ton of cheesecakes, and I have never had one leak.  I'd recommend the brand, but I got it at a secondhand store.

Mfamom - Let me know how your no-sugar version works out.  I would be interested to try it. 

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 02:34:16 PM »
I made my "sugarfree" cheesecake.  Even though i use sweet/low in coffee and drink diet coke, i really taste that artificial flavoring in baked stuff. 
also, my cheese cake was totally flat, only about an inch tall!  Anyone know what could have made that happen?
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 02:37:23 PM »
When sugar is mixed into butter or cream cheese, like in cheesecake or cookies, the sharp crystals poke little microscopic holesinto the fat, causing a leavening effect.  I would guess artificial sweeteners are not so sharp.
USA

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 08:04:22 PM »
Hmmm, Maybe needs extra eggs? 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 08:52:37 AM »
i finally figured out why my cheesecake is falling.  I was removing it from the oven as soon as it was finished cooking. 
I realized a lot of recipes say to turn oven off and leave in oven for quite awhile.
I've make two in the past few weeks.  turned off oven when finished, cracked the door and left it in there and it didn't fall flat. 
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes