allergy symptoms a week after anaphylaxis.

Started by eragon, March 04, 2015, 04:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragon

just wondered if anyone else has had this problem. despite 4 days of steroids and  ongoing antihistamine, 6 days after reaction still has mild allergy symptoms.

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

PurpleCat

When my DD has suffered anaphylaxis during tree pollen season (her worst environmental allergy season) when her allergy cup is full, yes, she has experienced ongoing symptoms. 

Her doctor had her continue Benedryl and her rescue inhaler every 4 - 5 waking hours extra days due to this (I actually think it was a full extra week but my memory is a bit foggy on that).

ninjaroll

For a gross ingestion 7-10 days of 'aftershocks' is our experience.

krasota

Yep, it "fills my bucket" for awhile, so to speak.  If it coincides with airborne allergy seasons, I often need a longer course of corticosteroids to calm down.  :(
--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

spacecanada

Ditto for having mild symptoms up to a week later: snotty nose, random stomach aches, brain fog, random hives, anxiety, etc. After calling my doctor about it, I was told to take Benadryl to help them calm down but Epi and 911 if in any doubt, major symptoms arise, or specific symptoms persist beyond the Benadryl. Basically, minus the 'epi for any symptom within 2 hours of eating', it was back to following my action plan.

Hope everything calms down and everyone is back to feeling normal again soon.  :grouphug:
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

eragon

son better , just the gut issue hanging around.

why dont they warn you of this after a reaction? what may happen and what need to be regarded as serious?

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

ninjaroll

eragon, I don't think there's much attention given to providing patient information post-reaction from allergy/immunology.  Almost as if they consider it an urgent care event rather than part of the patient's whole experience under the allergist.

spacecanada

My ER. Doc yesterday told me to take Benadryl for 7-10 days after my reaction to keep any resulting after effects at bay, and to come back if things got worse.  So some know and pass that on to their patients.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Macabre

eragon, both times I've experienced anaphylaxis and have had the epi resulted in extended symptoms for at least three to five days afterward. In my case, both involved uterine contractions.

I also stayed on Zantac after the second one. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview