504 for entering college

Started by momma2boys, March 15, 2015, 03:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momma2boys

peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Macabre

Mmmm. Most of the concerns I've seen center around on campus living. It would be interesting to know how CM's DD's 504 changed, since that situation has some similarities to yours.

I would wonder about labs.  I know places for studying and working in groups have also been an issue.

So he isn't required to get a meal plan, right? Since he is living at home. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

momma2boys

No meal plan. He will possibly eat on campus occasionally. He will be in labs, physics major, wondered about that as well.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Macabre

DS' chemistry class one year had a lab where they heated peanuts.  I bet it's not an uncommon thing.

momma2boys

Ugh, I had seen something about that. Even if it doesn't happen during his lab, what if they do it in lab before him.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Macabre

momma2boys

Basically it ended up being about whether we wanted to keep plan or have him declassified. Apparently some parents want to declassify if child wants to go in military and this would hinder them. So no changes and plan will be sent to college. Thanks for asking :)
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

CMdeux

You may want to plan to get FRESH documentation from your allergist in preparation for the fall.

We've had to provide it for DD's campus.  (Twice.)

Also encourage your DS to self-advocate with individual teachers-- because that is precisely the situation that he will be encountering.

Also-- if nobody says anything (as in, the faculty member teaching, and mostly they WON'T want to) expect that about half of your DS' classmates in anything but biology/chemistry/microbiology lab coursework will be EATING periodically and at random.  Everywhere.

:-/

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

ajasfolks2

Seems, however, that *some* colleges and universities are BANNING food or drink of ANY kind in any/all classrooms . . . though, I'm sure, some will cheat or ignore policy. (Exception is water allowed in some classrooms . . . )

Wish we had a list of those colleges / universities handy. ((Is there a dedicated thread for just this??))

I seem to recall Arizona State was one?  (From old discussions . . . )

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview