FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Anyone having any issues using PFP?  (Read 7147 times)

Description: Not sure if this is in the right spot.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone having any issues using PFP?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 09:47:07 AM »
Add me to the list.  I just checked the FB page too.  Loads of complaints.  I ordered in March, and still do not have 2 items on my list.  Items that should be easy to get, IMO. Just Mars Bars and Kit Kats missing.  I would think those are easy to stock? 

Non responsive to my last email.  Just sent another.  Not answering phones, just a message saying you can only email them. Sad.  Used to love them.  This cannot be good for business. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 10:30:35 AM »
Are they struggling with the ruling Hershy's put down about out of country chocolates coming in?  I am only finding Aero bars infrequently in Publix and buying them up.  Have not been to World Market or the Brit shop as of late - told DS2 he would just have to do without for the time being.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 11:12:21 AM »
If they would respond to emails, I might have that info, lol.  But, perhaps they are having an issue. 

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 01:05:35 PM »
I did get a response.  Claiming delays getting product from Canada.  So, maybe so, YKW.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 02:55:42 PM »
I ordered at the end of March and haven't seen my order yet. i emailed once and was told they were waiting on their order from Canada. I emailed again (about 10 days later, I think) and got no reply but did get a phone call saying they were still waiting on their order. I'm really losing patience. The lack of communication is appalling.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 06:42:23 AM »
Any results yet, Jessica? 

I got a response after a second email as mentioned above, on May 1st.  11 days, no contact, no product, no refund. 

I plan to demand a refund for the products not sent, and sadly, will have to stop using PFP.  I will pay more to get my Tannabars directly from VNF, who has always had excellent customer service.  In summer, I can get them locally, so as not to have to get a cooler.  Again, it costs me much more, but, I get what I need when i need it. 

I fear they are going to go out of business or file chapter 11 and we will all be out of our $$ and have no product. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 06:46:15 AM by becca »

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2015, 06:45:42 AM »
Sent to me on May  8th:

Unfortunately I still waiting on product to come in.  You will get an email with shipping information once the items come in and it is ready to ship so you will have a heads up to watch for it.   

Denise

I also left what I believe is an objective review, and 1 star rating on Facebook, based on my experience.  I do not so such things often, if ever, and do not do it lightly.  But it feels evasive.  Everytime I have been promised "next week." 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 06:57:48 AM by becca »

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 07:25:18 AM »
This makes me sad as PFP has been a go-to for so many LTFA folks wanting certain items . . .
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2015, 07:34:41 AM »
It is sad. 

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2015, 07:44:49 AM »
I have been the manager of a group that sends out "thank you gifts" that people select and have run into many, many times when the product went unavailable for a while. What you do in those situations is keep in contact with the customer with weekly contact, apologize and at some point if the delay is longer you offer the option for a full refund (and usually send a tscotchke as a token of appreciation and apology.

It's basic customer service. They should be doing this.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2015, 09:44:25 AM »
 :yes:

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2015, 09:49:44 AM »
It really is such a bummer that they are falling apart.  I feel bad for them, but I feel bad for us too.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 02:31:04 PM »
I'm still waiting. I emailed again, and mentioned disputing the charge. They replied saying if they don't get their stock from Canada by Monday they'll refund my order. I'm sad that they're no longer an option. It's the only totally nut free place to get nestle candy bars from. I know of two other sites that sell them but you have to buy a full case of each flavor every time and the shipping is close to $20.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2015, 07:51:50 PM »
What other sites are there Jessica?  I need some safe granola bars..anyone have any recommendations or even protein bars?

I got my money back after I canceled, like 3 days later.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 05:41:11 AM »
Tanabars  from Vermont Nut Free.  That was the main It I was getting from PFP.  They had enerpro bars too, but changed the recipe and we no longer liked them.  It had been cheaper for me to use PFP due to the free shipping over $100.  I would just buy 3-4 cases a couple times a year.