irish man died an hour after being treated for peanut allergy.

Started by eragon, March 24, 2015, 04:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragon

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-died-an-hour-after-being-treated-for-peanut-allergy-26531233.html

Am reposting this old story, because even now after my sons recent anaphylaxis people are advising me to take him to people like the above and get him 'properly cured'
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

daisy madness

This story is so sad.  I wonder if the patient had an Epi at home.  People are often so misguided about FA.  One person told me that she outgrew her peanut allergy by eating a lot of blueberries, so I should feed my son blueberries.  Someone else told me that i should read up about food combining and that if I properly combined foods, he would be able to eat his allergens with no reactions. 

CMdeux

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

ninjaroll

Quote from: daisy madness on May 01, 2015, 09:16:42 PM
This story is so sad.  I wonder if the patient had an Epi at home.  People are often so misguided about FA.  One person told me that she outgrew her peanut allergy by eating a lot of blueberries, so I should feed my son blueberries.  Someone else told me that i should read up about food combining and that if I properly combined foods, he would be able to eat his allergens with no reactions.

Man, oh man.  My friend tried to 'advise' me on this yesterday.  Not the wisest choice she's ever made.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview