login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: 2015 margarines, cooking sprays or other substitutes  (Read 4767 times)

Description:

ninjaroll

2015 margarines, cooking sprays or other substitutes
« on: March 28, 2015, 08:53:58 PM »
GFA who produces Nucoa, Smart Balance, Earth Balance, produces spreads with milk ingredients and outright butter.  I've noticed their page moves away from stating dairy free safe for dairy allergy to more lactose free, casein free, indicating a signal to the "wellness" market rather than allergy.

Is there a margarine currently out there that is milk free?  I can't find Fleischmann's in the market here, and their site is also going for the lactose free claim instead of dairy free. 

Has anyone with really low threshold dairy used Winona sprays?  They're not for milk allergic child, they're for me.  I just don't want to be spraying contaminated stuff in the kitchen.

Offline spacecanada

Re: 2015 margarines, cooking sprays or other substitutes
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 09:03:10 PM »
Ugh, just seeing this now.  We haven't bought EB since their change in packaging a year or so ago because I just didn't want to call and hear bad news. My question is... Why!?!  Has anyone called them to see if Earth Balance is made on shared lines or shared facility? I would like to know, should I have to cook for my cousin who is Ana to dairy (shared facility is ok for me.)

We opt for coconut oil and coconut cream for almost everything now. Margarines are getting too dicey when it comes to cross contamination.  :(
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum