North Lake Tahoe/Squaw Valley area

Started by hezzier, March 30, 2015, 08:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hezzier

Anyone been?  We have a family wedding to attend in October. 

Grocery stores?
Restaurants?
Safe Bakeries?

ajasfolks2

Gimme a couple days (company coming tday) and I'll try to get good intel in here . . . we go to Reno/Tahoe area every summer and I know the area pretty well, esp North Tahoe / Incline.  If you will be at Squaw, then focus might need to be more the Calif side of North Tahoe, but I can help some there too.

Quickly -- Grocery Store -- big = Raley's

Retaurants -- I'm rusty and some may have gone out of business, so I'll have to work on this.

Bakeries -- so far as I know, forget it (!) due to safety/xcontam.

~ ~ ~

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

hezzier

hk

Are you flying into Tahoe or somewhere in the Bay Area and driving up?

Also, the Ritz Carlton is pretty good with FA.  They can definitely handle it if you are still just nuts, sesame and mild egg allergy.

hezzier

We are flying into Reno.  We've decided to get a condo with a kitchen (it's right next door to the inn where the wedding will take place and actually less expensive so that will help).  I've stumbled across a bakery that can do nut free cupcakes.  I've been emailing back and forth with the owner and she said she's never had problem or "incident" with nut free cupcakes (been in the business for 16 years).  So we will place an order for a dozen and pick them up.

ajasfolks2

So, you are driving up to Tahoe and staying up there? 

(Let me know if you also need some Reno info to help with the travel days in/out of the airport . . . but there IS an IN and Out Burger very near the airport . . . if that works for you it would be nice way to feed family on one or both of those travel days.)

PUtting on my thinking cap so I can come up wih some current help.

ajasfolks2

OK, coming from Squaw, the nearest full-sized grocery at Tahoe itself should be the Safeway at Kings Beach.

7815 N. Lake Blvd
Kings Beach, CA 96143

~ ~ ~

However, I'm not familiar with all the NEW stuff now at Truckee, so need to look at that too  . . .

ajasfolks2

If, for some reason, you decide to do an "around the lake" drive, there is a CHEVY'S restaurant at South Shore --

3678 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150

~ ~ ~

ajasfolks2

In (later) October, some "mom and pop" restaurans and shops may not be open . . . just something I recall now about the fall there.

ajasfolks2

Driving from Reno airport up to Squaw will be up I-80.

Just before you leave Reno proper there will be a last shot just off I80 to a HUGE Raley's grocery store and not far from that a full-sized Walmart.

The Raley's is super easy to get to --

1630 Robb Dr
Reno, NV 89523

The Wamart just a couple minutes farther north in same area of town --

5260 W Seventh St
Reno, NV 89523

Also, very near those 2 stores is a Papa Murphy's Pizza place --take and bake -- VERY good, if that will work for your allergies. 

10490 North McCarran Boulevard
Reno, NV

If you bought or brought a couple of large, insulated bags, you could take a couple of these pizzas on up to Squaw with you and be able to have hot-in-condo meal fresh from your oven that first night.

~ ~ ~

I put the Reno grocery store info here as those stores will be MUCH cheaper than buying at Truckee or Tahoe.  WAY WAY cheaper. 

ajasfolks2

hezz,

if you would PM me the name of the bakery, I'd sure love to have that for when we are in Reno area!!

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview