FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: The Breakfast Thread  (Read 25463 times)

Description: What did you make?

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
The Breakfast Thread
« on: April 14, 2015, 06:54:02 AM »
So--what did y'all eat this morning at your house--no matter who made it? 

At ours today:

Pillsbury crescent rolls with Nutella inside. I used the 4 pack of rolls, or else I would have done some with cheese inside to have some savory ones.

DH will put jam inside. I wonder what that would be like with a little cream cheese--probably better than jam alone. Jam gets very messy very quickly. A little dab'll do ya. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: The Breakfast Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 06:56:36 AM »
Linking this thread. This thread is about ideas for breakfast, and the teen breakfast thread has some good ones.

Looking for quick easy breakfast for Teen

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 07:07:24 AM »
Today:  breakfast burrito Italian style (we only had 6-cheese Italian shredded cheese in hand). I did a two-egg burrito, since I had the 8" flour tortillas on hand (with the smaller ones I do one egg).

It's wrapped and ready yk grab on the way out the door, which is how breakfast happens on school mornings and why I am looking for more ideas).

Offline momtoAidenDeclan

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 05:07:35 PM »
DS# 2 and I use this often:
http://www.hhgregg.com/hamilton-beach-breakfast-sandwich-maker/item/25475?cid=PLA-11906630-217489&mr:referralID=de28f0d9-e3ba-11e4-82f7-001b2166c2c0
I use the "light" whole grain eng.muffins, we put on cholula hot sauce, cheese and mine get spinach or avocoado.  DS gets a banana or apple on the side with a glass of milk

We also do a lot tortilla/egg burritos (Cholula, potatoes, salsa, sausage, bacon, cheese...whatever we have...), with fruit on the side.

DS#1 eats an egg sandwich/burrito, bowl (i.e. trough ~)) of cereal and a fruit - he's 15 and on the track team - bottomless pit!

Sometimes ds#2 wants 2 fried eggs, toast and fruit.

This morning I had an egg, and 1/2 avocado on a piece of toast.

3+ times/week I try to do a green smoothie (16oz)and I eat a handful of almonds or cashews later in the morning - the boys will drink an 8 oz serving if I make them

leftover crepes/pancakes/waffles - when I make these on weekends I make extra for school mornings :)

I have a POT of tea b/4 I get to work :hiding:
Never mistake motion for action. ~~
Ernest Hemingway

DS#1 1/23/2000 - PA
DS#2 10/23/2003 - NKA - Type 1 diabetes
me - environmental and sulfa drug allergies...periods of mystery hives over the years....

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 06:49:06 PM »
Typical here is cereal.  My kids don't eat eggs, dd will eat bacon with her cereal if I make it.  Sometimes I make crepes or french toast. 

For me, I often have 1-2 scrambled eggs or egg beaters, I ma or may not add a little cheese, or do an omelette with onions and spinach or Kale.  Other days, I may do 3 turkey breakfast sausage links and something else, maybe one egg, or egg beaters, or some piece of toast or a light English muffin.  Always decaf coffee with half and half.  If I am avoiding gluten, which i float in and out of, I may add quinoa to my scramble for some carbs. 

I should get back into smoothies.  I like one with Greek yogurt, spinach, blueberries, ground flax and a packet of truvia.  I add some ice and water to it as needed. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 06:51:13 PM by becca »
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 08:12:13 PM »
I'm a boring creature of habit. I eat the sme thing pretty much every day. One boiled egg and a bowl of oatmeal with flaxseed. Decaf tea with milk.

What I'd prefer is another story altogether.  ;D
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

ninjaroll

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 08:33:14 PM »
Add a couple of drops of sesame oil and some sauteed veg to the oatmeal and that's my breakfast.  One day maybe we can get eggs back in the house.  Fried tofu is good in it, too.  And just a touch of bacon crumble.  And some slivered green onion.  Maybe some home made pickled cabbage.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 07:20:46 AM »
Today was quick and easy:  blueberry bagel with cream cheese. 

I don't really eat breakfast. I do like having a hard boiled egg. I often eat a piece of cheese, but I tend not to think of breakfast for myself until aftr getting back from taking ds to school. I do have coffee with 1%.

His breakfast I have at the table with his coffee in a recyclable to go cup (lately--because he loses travel mugs) and his meds. He grabs/takes on his way out the door. It will be a rude awake img for him when I go back to work, lol. Last week after I bought a can of whipped cream for the Easter picnic, I used some of that in his coffee.  Otherwise, he gets the 1%, too.

However, I didn't go to the store yesterday before DS needed my car, so I used the last of our milk in our coffee this morning. I just drank my last sip. If I want another cup, I have to go to the store. I may do a quick CVS trip for that, because I'm not ready for the grocery store. And I get a .25 rebate on milk there with iBotta.  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:24:49 AM by Macabre »

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 05:32:19 PM »
I was up early today to go to a doctor's appointment, so I did croque madame for DH and DSD.  I had never made it before we had tons of Easter leftovers, and it is now one of DH's favorite meals, breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 10:15:21 PM »
I used to love to east a croque monsieur when we lived in Switzerland (first had them in France). I was excited to see them in the US later but very disappointed. la Madekeine has most closely approximated them.

I like the girly version, too. :)

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 07:20:57 AM »
I made banana and blackberry muffins last night.

Offline buttons

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 04:49:57 PM »

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 07:02:25 AM »
Buttons, we will try some of those! Especially the portable ones.

Last week, I successfully made egg and toast cups.

And by successfully, I mean look at this pan (and DH only complained a little bit when he washed it):

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 07:05:25 AM »
Last Friday I made DS an egg and cheese McBagle. M

One day he got a plain bagel.

Another day it was a spinach and feta (and egg) breakfast taco.

Today:  two hard boiled eggs and a piece of Texas sheet cake leftover from DH's birthday.

That's a  lot of egg lately. I need to branch out.

Offline Scout

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 10:32:21 AM »
bacon for both kids

ds  toast with butter an jelly
dd  toast with cream cheese.......a lot of it, lol