imagelogin
Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: FARE Webinar: Dorm Life and Dining Plans: Planning for College with FAs  (Read 3844 times)

Description:

Offline maeve

"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
This was amazing. I'm so glad they did it before we got there.  They talked about the different places to go to get accommodations, self-advocacy--strategies for eating safely in a dining hall and what to avoid (that are specific to college).  They talked about how having more FAs is key to getting out of a meal plan. 

This was geared to teens. That is, I did not hear me addressed at all--they were talking to my high school kid, not me.  :thumbsup: 

The whole recorded webinar will be on their website in a week and the slides will also be available as a pdf. 

I will keep the slides.  There is amazing info there. 

And I will have DS and DH watch the webinar. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
Hoping to see the link to Webinar here soon . . . want to sit with both kids & DH to read and share.

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator