FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Specific Food Allergies > Peanut/Tree Nut Allergy

To IOFC or not to IOFC tree nuts

<< < (2/3) > >>

TwoDDs:
So, I got an answer to my question and thought I'd throw it on here.  We saw allergist last week for regular appt.  Numbers all way down again, returning a 70 for peanut!  Added component testing and it was no surprise.  ARA 1, 2 and 3 coming in from 12  to 48.  So, we're not going to be feeding this kid peanuts anytime soon.  But her downward trending has me triple guessing the desensitization I had my whole heart set on starting this summer.  Well, coupled with the fact that dd doesn't want to make the sacrifices that travelling for the treatment will require.  Anywho -

AS to the treenut challenge.  Dr's thought is that dd was never really allergic to more than pistachio and cashew and MAYBE had allergies to walnut and pecan that are diminishing.  (I think she once reacted to walnut - otherwise we are without any known exposures to treenuts.)  So, his plan is to run through a bunch:  almond, pine nut, brazil, hazelnut and if she's having a great day - pecan.  And, "If it's a stellar day - we might even eat a walnut." 

So, in the end, I do think that could open up tons of at home eating and it certainly worthwhile.  Glad we signed on. 

I'm a little rambly on re-read - too much coffee on a rainy day.

Thanks for listening.

CMdeux:
 :happydance:  That sounds like  a pretty awesome kind of day to me!!  :crossed: that all goes as planned!

TwoDDs:
AND - it's coming . . ..  Can you feel it in the air?!  Amazing how fast a year goes.

TwoDDs:
Confirmed not allergic to almond, hazelnut or pine nut.  The doctor has not yet weighed in on pecan/walnut - but I'd call what I saw a fail.  So, alas, no triple nut cranberry pies in our future.  On the other hand - hello almonds and nutella.  I tried nutella for the first time yesterday after the challenge and, I'm not gonna lie - it is pretty darned fantastic!  Might cause me to start wearing yoga pants and drinking pumpkin lattes.  :)

PurpleCat:
Fantastic news!  Congratulations!  Lots of happy dancing in your house.  Keep enjoying nutella!  I've never had it but people rave about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version