Cascadian Farms

Started by becca, May 13, 2015, 10:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

becca

Sorry if this topic exists.  I tried searching and got nothing. 

I read a conversation on FB about people trusting this brand for granola bars?  They are not at my usual grocery store, but I just saw them in a circular for a store I can use. 

Anyone here trust them for PN/TN allergies? 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

hezzier

I know one of the chewy granola bars has peanuts.

becca

Okay, found the conversation.  This is the product the person posted.  Not sure if I should link it, but I can.  A few claim to have called and were told they label for cross contamination.  I have not called, because I have not seen the product.  So, may be an option, if you have it in your stores. 

dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

rebekahc

I've heard for years that CF is safe.  However, they do have a peanut variety of their granola bars and yet none are labeled as may contain which makes me side-eye their 'we'll label for cross contamination' statement.  I'm guessing that translates to 'we run the peanut batch last thing of the day and then wash the equipment thoroughly, so we don't believe there's any risk' or something equivalent.  I doubt they have a separate line or facility just for the nutty versions.

I always see them at Kroger (organic section) and Target (with all the other granola bars); three choices - chocolate chip, vanilla chip and PB.

Here's the list of flavors from their website:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
Chocolate Chip
Dark Chocolate Almond
Dark Chocolate Cranberry Trail Mix
Harvest Berry
Oatmeal Raisin
Peanut Butter Chip
Sweet & Salty Peanut Pretzel
Vanilla Almond Cherry Trail Mix
Vanilla Chip
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

ajasfolks2

We had discussions about this product years back at old HB, but the old info wouldn't really help us as to the NOW . . . .

Supposedly these were NOT on shared lines (with pnut and nut), once upon a time.  But I've not called in years and we quit using these some years back as too sweet and sticky.  I seem to recall that safety varied according to region as well?  (But that they WOULD label for Xcontam in those cases . . . . ).  Again, might be 5 years ago?

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

ajasfolks2

ajasfolks2

another possible discussion -- YES, the original one I was thinking of as it caused a kerfuffle as to safety concerns:

http://allergy.hyperboards.com/action/print/topic_id/3067

Macabre

Oh yeah--there was another thread. Egads. People got really ugly toward one member (only remember her IRL name) because she found some that were safe. When I did, too, people let up on her. It was at HB. I found them at Kroger. This was years ago and so of no real relevance now.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

maeve

We have used them and there's a white chocolate chip one as well that we have had. I have not called. We have also used their nut-free granola.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview