Wendy's

Started by Irene, June 26, 2015, 11:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irene

Hi, we usually don't go to Wendy's because there isn't one near where we live but we are on vacation in Orlando now and are trying to meet up for lunch with some friends. 
Is Wendy's still safe for peanut and shellfish allergies?  I saw an older post about a peanut sauce...is that still an issue?  Is the icecream still safe - it would be a huge treat if my son can actually have a dessert too!
Thanks!

ninjaroll

Peanut sauce has been gone for a while.  We had returned faithfully to Wendy's burgers, fries, shakes, ice cream.  I cannot speak to the shellfish concern but CM might.  The pressing issue with Wendy's franchise is how many have closed due to internal issues.  As long as there is a Wendy's you should be okay from the peanut perspective.  DS1 had many a strawberry shake there.  Ours closed, as did most in our surrounding area.  That is the only reason we are not still going.

Macabre

We are peanut and shellfish and sesame and we eat there. The peanut allergy person is vegetarian.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

CMdeux

I am SFA, and semi-vegetarian (only small amounts of pork and poultry), and I have no trouble at all eating at Wendy's.  I just wish that it weren't a 2hr drive now, as Ninja noted.   :-/

DD eats chili, plain cheeseburgers, frosties, fries, chicken nuggets, etc.  She avoids salads because they do have selections which include almonds, pecans and cashews-- and she is DEFINITELY cashew-allergic.   Nuts come in packets.

I eat salads (but not the cashew one-- usually the bbq chicken one, or a side salad), baked potatoes, chicken sandwiches and wraps, and frosties.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview