teen death after indian meal.

Started by eragon, May 22, 2015, 07:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragon

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

SilverLining

I feel so bad for the family and friends. It's so hard to lose someone so young.

But why would anyone with pa/na eat in an Indian takeaway when there have been so many severe reactions there. Is it not that big a story there?

I'm not trying to be critical of a young person with allergies. I'm just wondering if the average person in the UK is aware of the various reactions.

spacecanada

Heartbreaking. 

This seems too frequent in the UK.  With the new food allergen laws in restaurants, this shouldn't be happening so often.  Granted, they have to disclose allergens, but may not have cross-contact protocols in place.  (I'm not 100% certain of the details of the new laws.)  It's a whole different ball game with allergies in the UK: fewer allergists per capita, fewer people carrying autoinjectors, and too many recent deaths. 

FYI - This article says restaurant, not takeaway, but still.  It doesn't say what he was allergic to either.  (From my understanding, Indian cuisine in general is high risk for any top allergen.)
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

eragon

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview