FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Team Anaphylaxis no longer just anaphylaxis?  (Read 1735 times)

Description:

ninjaroll

Team Anaphylaxis no longer just anaphylaxis?
« on: May 26, 2015, 07:45:39 PM »
Boy, I sure hope they have real resources behind this new mission statement because special education and developmental disability is a whole other section of advocacy than anaphylaxis.

Unless it's the sinking fear I have that anaphylaxis is being tied to the others as having a shared root cause? Please, no. For the sake of us who have both developmental disability AND anaphylaxis whose hardest work is untying them from each other in the mind of school personnel and evaluators, I pray this is not the case.

PRLog (Press Release) - March 19, 2015 - We have some exciting news to share with our followers and supporters! Please share this press realease with others.

Team Anaphylaxis has shifted our mission because we want to focus upstream at the causes of the current epidemics including but not limited to Allergies, Asthma, ADHD, and Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Team Anaphylaxis was founded in 2011 and has been serving the community tirelessly regarding civil rights for those with food allergies and anaphylaxis.

The best cure is prevention.

Mission:
Team Anaphylaxis is a grassroots effort by parent advocates to increase the public’s understanding of epidemic health conditions - particularly anaphylaxis - and what we can do to make healthy life choices for our children and families based on that information. We encourage the public to examine current practices in our country that may be detrimental to one’s health and healing. We offer resources, support and community for those seeking an alternative to the status quo.

Please see our website here: http://teamanaphylaxis.weebly.com/

ninjaroll

Re: Team Anaphylaxis no longer just anaphylaxis?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 08:06:17 PM »
nm. They went down the GMO and vaccine rabbit hole. That's unfortunate.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 08:15:02 PM »
we want to focus upstream at the causes of the current epidemics

^ NOT a good sign, that.   :misspeak: :hiding:

Can't say that I'm surprised on the GMO/vax thing, though, in light of it.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 08:32:10 PM »
Their fb fans don't seem happy with a picture posted April 1 that many ( including moi) view as anti-vax.

Both fb and twitter have today posted another article ( dated 2000) that seems to blame allergies on vax's. I say "seems" because I didn't read it all.

Anyway....am I the only one not surprised by this?

ninjaroll

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 08:45:12 PM »
I'm genuinely surprised because their kick off effort hinged so heavily on using "anaphylaxis" for disambiguation with allergy. It was supposed to the anchor. But maybe I live in a hole or had blinders.

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 08:53:22 PM »
Or maybe they have blinders.   ;)

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!