Old Spaghetti Factory - Toronto

Started by QsMommy, March 21, 2012, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QsMommy

Hi,

My son is going to a show in Toronto next week and we are looking for a restaurant close to the theatre that is allergy aware. 

He is PA/TN.

Has anyone been to the Old Spaghetti Factory?

Are there any other restaurants close to the Sony Centre that are allergy aware. Preferably, within walking distance.

Thanks,

Ali
Canada

candyguru

I was at the Old Spaghetti Factory 20+ years ago and it was fine at that time.. no peanut products,  though things may have changed in the past 20 years.  They did have spumoni ice cream as a dessert (has pistachios) which I avoided.  Movenpick Marche is near there, at BCE Place.  I ate there many times.... I am sure you could find some safe food there (ie pizza? pasta? I have eaten the waffles and maple syrup there many times too)
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

SilverLining

I checked their web-site.

QuoteAllergies and Gluten Free Options
At The Old Spaghetti Factory we take pride in the care and attention we provide for all allergy concerns. We will take every step requested by you our guest.

Please be sure to contact a manager prior to ordering so we can ensure the nature of your allergy is understood. Also, please be aware that normal kitchen operations involve shared cooking and preparation areas. The possibility exists for food items to come into contact with other food products. Due to these circumstances we are unable to guarantee that any menu item can be completely free of food allergens.

If I were dealing only with peanut/nut, I would give them a call.  It is possible that the only foods your son's allergens would be in are some deserts, and they may be separate from everything else.

ninjaroll

Any recent experiences with OSF in USA?  Mainly PA, but avoiding TN and egg is up for IOFC so avoiding direct egg only for the moment.

CMdeux

I'll be interested in this one, too.

The same three places are gettin' a bit old.

ETA:  PDX location always gets raves-- I dunno, as even back in the day, I don't recall it being THAT awesome... but the one down in the south Valley---- ughhh.  Reviews on that one are NOT generally very good.  Not sure how they are with allergies, but it doesn't bode well that so many yelp reviews note really chaotic/craptastic service.  KWIM?

menus here:

http://www.osf.com/menus/

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview