FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

The Sandwich Thread

<< < (3/3)

Janelle205:
I love sandwiches.  But only hot sandwiches.

Sharing my current favorite: Not vegetarian friendly, contains dairy.  Probably modifiable for all other allergens if you can find safe products.  Note: I'm like half from Wisconsin at this point and love cheese.

Ingredients:
Sub Sandwich Rolls (my safe brand is regional)
Deli Sliced Roast Beef (I don't buy from the actual deli because that makes me nervous.  I use Land 'o' Frost Bistro Favorites natural roast beef - I like that the company supports PBS)
Thin sliced colby jack and Swiss cheese
Ranch dressing (I can use ones that have egg cross-contamination but no egg)
Pepper
Parmesan Cheese
French Fried Onions (I prefer Franks in the caramelized flavor, but whatever is safe is good.

Spread ranch dressing thinly on the bottom of the sub bun.  If you like a saucier sandwich, go for more thick.  Add fresh cracked pepper - I prefer a coarser grind.  Grate Parmesan over the top - I prefer a microplane because you get a fluffy grate.  Top with deli cut roast beef - I use four slices.  Top with one slice thin Swiss and one slice thin colby jack.  I break into two triangles to get the best coverage.  Top with French fried onions.  Add the top part of the bun, push down a bit and wrap in aluminum foil.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  (I use a convection oven.)

Then eat it because it is freaking delicious.

If you can't find safe french fried onions, use something oniony for crunch and texture.  Maybe sour cream and onion potato chips?

Warning: This may not be as good to someone not on steroids.  But I LOVE it.

Janelle205:
Oh prednisone, I just made this sandwich again.  Out of sub buns, so I used one of the larger style burger buns.  Just as good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version