bill proposes GAO investigation of airlines' LTFA policies

Started by ninjaroll, August 06, 2015, 04:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjaroll

Somebody PINCH ME.  Whoever at FARE is responsible for driving this come forward because you, sir or madam, are truly epic.  Now I have no idea how this will pan out GAO doesn't have much more than the bully pulpit, it's unknown to what level or topic they would ultimately investigate, or what the results would look like but the mere act of proposing an investigation by GAO is huge.

QuoteThis bill directs the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) to generate a national report examining airline policies for accommodating passengers with food allergies, and would require airlines to carry epinephrine auto-injectors for use in allergic emergencies.

The Airline Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act, which is also cosponsored by Sens. Ben Cardin (D-MD) and Mark Warner (D-VA), directs the GAO to conduct and submit a report to Congress on air carrier policies relating to passengers with food allergies. This report will cover a range of topics important to the food allergy community, including the content and variability of existing accommodation policies, as well as how those policies are applied, how staff are trained to carry them out and how passengers learn about and utilize them. The study will also explore the incidence of in-flight reactions and emergency landings, costs of emergency landings, and the resources required to develop model accommodation policies.

Macabre

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

CMdeux

:clap:

This is marvelous!  Finally, finally, finally-- someone is figuring out that there's a huge loophole in transportation that is heavily federally subsidized... but is still not required to be ADA compliant.  HUZZAH!!
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview