FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Cold or Room temp finger foods  (Read 2479 times)

Description: need for neighborhood golf tournament

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Cold or Room temp finger foods
« on: August 27, 2015, 09:50:45 AM »
Ok people, our neighborhood does a "golf" tournament every year.  Each house that participates sets up a "hole" in their yard and then we go out in 4-somes to each hole for the afternoon and then finish with a BBQ.

Since we were new last year, we were allowed to participate but did not have to set up a hole.  This year we do.

We need to have snacks available as well as adult beverages and water.  Snacks need to be either cold or room temp because they will be out from 1:30 until we are all finished "golfing"...usually a couple hours.

Help me with some ideas...

Offline Scout

Re: Cold or Room temp finger foods
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 11:05:36 AM »
so you wander from hole to hole.......so do  you remember foods from last year?  so as to not repeat.......

Jello shots would be a fun hit......and you can ice them in little plastic indivdual containers.....if alchohol is allowed.......the dance moms bring them and they are fun....

food.....hmmm jalapeno poppers, I have an amazing recipe.......if you want it....     that kind of thing?

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:05:32 PM »
Skewers with grape tomatoes, basil, mozzarella balls.  Pesto dressing drizzled over or on the side as a dipping medium. 

or these, similarly:

http://divascancook.com/fruit-cheese-kabobs-easy-cookout-appetizer/

These are yummy!  I have made them a couple of times.  Good hot, but fine as they cool off as well. 

Dd is suggesting popcorn chicken, lol.  Pigs in a blanket.  Not so good sitting around for a few hours.  ;) 

How about pizzas made with grilled veggies?  Pizza is okay when it cools, IMO.  And cheese does not spoil in a few hours. 

Classic veggies and dip, chips, etc...  Shrimp cocktail, if kept over ice. 

dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:43:08 PM »
Sandwich roll ups cut into finger sized portions. 

Can you run a cord and plug in a crock pot with mini meatballs?  Similarly with clam chowder? 

Deviled eggs.

http://www.livinglocurto.com/2013/06/oreo-cheesecake-strawberries/#_a5y_p=647335

http://www.spoonforkbacon.com/2013/02/deviled-hearts/
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:00:43 PM by becca »
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:03:22 PM »
Yes, we go from house to house (of the ones that are participating).  Each 4-some starts at a different house and goes around until everyone is done.

I don't think I ate anything so I don't remember much.  DH says he remembers a very melted looking cheese and cracker plate.  I recall someone having pretzel rods and twizlers, some one maybe had fresh fruit cups.

Our refreshment table will be up by the house so I could use a crock pot.  Weather is a high of 84.

We will have beer, wine and water for sure.  We could do a mixed cocktail also.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »
Stuffed little potatoes.....think portable mayo-less potato salad

Asparagus wrapped with Prosciutto

http://americanfood.about.com/od/appetizers/r/Salami_Bread.htm    I have this on my pile of recipes to try

hummus and salsa with pita chips

cowboy caviar

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 09:35:01 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions...plans have changed.  I went to target for cups, plates, etc and walked through the party section and was inspired.  We are now having pirate golf at our house.  Snacks will be fish & chips (goldfish and potato chips in the same bowl), peg legs (pretzels), pirate's booty, pirate's treasure (rolos and hershey kisses) and hopefully a pirate ship made out of a watermelon.

DH found a recipe for Pirate's Grog.

I bought eye patches and if the golfer wears one will golfing then they can take -1 from their score.  If they hit their ball into Deadman's reef or Davy Jones' Locker then it's +1.  We have written our Pirate Golf rules using "pirate" language.