No bake energy bites (using sunbutter)

Started by hezzier, September 02, 2015, 07:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hezzier

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/

A friend posted these on FB and said her kids love them...don't ask for chips anymore so I thought I'd make some.  Firming up in the fridge now before I make the balls.  We've all tasted the mix and it's good.

becca

Did you use sweetened or unsweetened coconut?  Did you grind your own flax?  I have some that is already ground.  I am guessing that works too.  I need to try making those. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

hezzier

I could only find sweetened coconut at the grocery store.  Edward and Son's has an unsweetened coconut, but I'd have to figure out where I can buy it.  I bought a cheap coffee grinder and ground the flax seeds myself.  I couldn't find any already ground flax meal at the store anyway.

I used my pampered chef mini scoop and came out with 32 balls.  I packaged 4 balls per snack bag and have them in the fridge. 

becca

Thanks.  I never see unsweetened coconut either.  But, I did recently, and cannot recall where, lol.  Should have snagged it.  Or at least checked the label.  Maybe it was Stop and Shop organic area?  I plan to try these.  Seems similar to Tanabar.  Seems maybe one could stretch it a bit by also adding some rice crispy type cereal, but that would add carbs and reduce the protein ratio.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

spacecanada

We :heart: these too!  Endless options.

In Canada, you can find top-10-free (coconut contains sulphites) desiccated coconut at Sobey's.  Their house brand (Our Compliments) comes in unsweetened, sweetened, fancy, medium, flaked, etc. So many varieties.  We only buy unsweetened medium coconut due to preference.

Some of our favourite energy ball recipes are here, if you're looking for other varieties:
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/fudge-baby-mania/
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview