Question for Canadian members

Started by lmw, September 11, 2015, 05:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmw

Sorry if this in the wrong place, but wanted the best chance at member knowledge.

Are any of the Canadian members aware of a store bought/commercial brand of white bread that does not contain/may contain sesame?

A family member whose kids have just started school has been told this is necessary. So far, the kids will not eat homemade bread....

I thought I would check here to see if anyone has any ideas. We live in Ottawa, Ontario.

I came to this group years ago, DD is pa/tna. She is now 28, managing fine. Her boyfriend is allergic to fish/shellfish. They have both given up foods they enjoy for the other. Even though she doesn't live at home anymore, I am still leery of bringing in food containing nuts.

spacecanada

Is there a reason why 'may contain' is not allowed?  That seems a bit excessive.

My mother with sesame allergy has to get bread from a local bakery that makes special bread for her.  No commercial bread in our part of Alberta, at least, is safe.

I would ask the school to ask the parent requesting the restriction to provide suggestions, if this is an issue for others.  Then the teacher could send out a list of safe alternatives to others. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview