login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: New to this board  (Read 4998 times)

Description:

Offline Treasure

New to this board
« on: October 06, 2015, 04:21:39 PM »
Hi!

I am a mom of a kid with many food allergies. He is allergic to peanuts/ some tree nuts, and shellfish.
He also gets seasonal Oral Allergy Syndrome. He also grows into and out of other random food allergies.

He was diagnosed with EoE when he was younger (now 10), but the symptoms disappeared for a few years. Then, this past summer he started vomiting daily again. We had more allergy tests and he tested positive to a number of foods. He just had an endoscopy, and the doc said there was a lot of swelling, but I am waiting for news of the biopsy.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: New to this board
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 01:26:24 PM »
Welcome!  Sounds like a difficult road.  There is lots of good information here and great support.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 08:13:03 PM »
Thanks for replying  :).

I am pretty good at avoiding allergens at this point, but will probably head on over to the EoE thread after I speak with the doctor. Mostly, I joined because few understand what it's like dealing with multiple food allergies. I am pretty sure the GI and allergist will pull more foods from his diet since the endoscopy did not look great. I am not looking forward to my family, and some others in my life treating me like I'm overreacting when I explain that he really can't have even small amounts of the EoE triggers. Or, acting like it can't be true that he really has so many food allergies. So, I'm glad I joined.

Offline rebekahc

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 08:16:55 PM »
Welcome and  :grouphug: to you!  I know how hard it can be avoiding so much (and not just the top ones people are becoming more aware of).  When my DS was little we has to avoid so much more than we do now. It's hard.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 08:24:47 PM »
Thank you!  :)

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 08:56:33 PM »
Hi, Treasure.  Glad you have joined us and hope we can help with answers, frustrations, successes, and the regular need to vent!   :grouphug:
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 06:22:08 AM »
Welcome Treasure!  I think you've found many others here who have been accused of "overreacting".  ;)  In fact, probably everyone here.  ~)

It sounds like you guys have had a really rough go of it.   :grouphug:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US