Trader Joe's -- labeling looks really detailed

Started by nameless, September 28, 2015, 04:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nameless

I haven't been to TJ's in about 4-5 months...went today on my way back to the upper valley (exactly 1:45m from not one but 3 different TJs...anyhow...)

I perused around...and some products I used to see 'may contain tree nuts' on were now 'may contain coconut' and saw lots of coconut on the labels. And, tree nuts listed out too --- specifically --- almonds or hazelnuts or pecans. That's a lot more detail than I ever recall seeing.

I also noted (but didn't buy) their Maple Leaf Joe-Joes and Pumpkin Joe-Joes say 'Made in Canada' and have no peanut/treenut warning...could it be...DARE IN DISGUISE?!?!?!?!? (or Dare manufacturing for TJs?)

40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England

becca

We love those Dare maple cookies!  I hope so!  I have not been for awhile either, and I have one in my town.  I tend to go when we run out of sunbutter, and I had to order 6 jars n line last time, because they were out at TJs.  So, it has been several months for me too. I will have to check around.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

YouKnowWho

I'm suspicious that their sister company Aldi's has Enjoy Life Snickerdoodles under their Live G Free branding.

I gave up on Trader Joes because of our allergy set because of the lack of labeling and switched to Aldi because of their over-labeling.  Never thought I would say that.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Treasure

My son was o.k. with a couple of Trader Joe's cookie/ sweet things for awhile, but then got hives a couple of times. I also noticed, at that time, that their allergy warning changed from "we follow good practices to avoid cross contamination" to something more vague. I don't know for sure that it was the Trader Joe's stuff, but I did call them and they said they could not guarantee anything. This was a couple of years ago, though. They may have changed their warnings/ practices again. We still eat many Trader Joe's things, but I have not bought the cookies or a couple of other sweet things we used to get since.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview