Epi-Pen Carrying Case for kids

Started by anxious, November 23, 2015, 07:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anxious

Now that my boys are getting older, I want them to start carrying their own epi-pens. Looking for recommendations on where to buy and types of carrying cases. Are they all insulated? My son never wear jeans so the ones for loops and buckles won't work. Not sure the waist band ones look comfortable. Thanks in advance.

hezzier

Well, I can tell you that epi pen size of running buddy did not work for us.

How old are your sons?

MaryM

WE just got a SPiBelt  http://www.spibelt.com/?gclid=CjwKEAiAstCyBRDiqu75hvnX82kSJACgYI_QAgIpZSUvXveySuQkT4gIK0PT9hr0pxEk0GXi4_HB5BoC4Sjw_wcB

DS, 11 doesn't seem to mind it but he misses the Auvi-Q and his Running Buddy.  I got ours at Fleet Feet (?) a runners store.  It stretches.  It is not insulated.

spacecanada

I like my SPIbelts.  They are slim and fit tight under a shirt, well, as tight as you can get with two bulky EpiPens.  Probably the best day-to-day 24/7 wearable option. I am wearing mine right now. One tip: place the EpiPens in a zip top bag inside the SPIbelt or the hinges on the EpiPen case will wear a hole in the thin fabric.  Not difficult to repair, but easily preventable.

I also like my little owl cross body bag from etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/126136171/owl-epi-pen-medicine-pack-epi-pen-case?ref=related-1. Sorry for the UK link, I am on my iPad, you can pay in USD or CAD too.  She also makes waist packs and various styles of fun carriers on either a shoulder strap or loop for a caribeaner.  They are somewhat insulated, but not enough to be taken outside in sub-freezing or hot summers for long periods of time.

KozyGo makes nice stuff too, and somewhat insulated using neoprene, so not good for cold winters unless worn under your jacket: www.kozygo.ca I had two of their cases for Allerjects and they held up well to my regular abuse of stuff. I clipped the caribeaner I to the waistband of my pants, not on a belt loop, because most of my pants don't have belt loops. I have an EpiPen carrier too, but the neoprene makes it bulkier than the SPIbelt to wear under a shirt. They would be better worn over a shirt, I guess.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview