Food Challenge Awesomeness

Started by Macabre, December 14, 2015, 06:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

I saw this news about Allergy Associates of LaCrosse lately;

Graded food challenge testing.
This type of allergy testing requires our facility be able to handle the special observation of patients and preparation of the foods used for testing. The Morris Center incorporates two specially-designed food testing suites that allow for physicians and staff to interact with patients and their families in safe and comfortable surroundings. There is also a kitchen where food for testing can be hygienically prepared and measured in the testing progression. The staff and doctors have access for observation throughout the testing process in case any complications arise.

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Macabre

AAOL is a food free clinic, and having this new area is great for many reasons--including keeping other patients safe. :)

Macabre

I also saw this, which is freaking cool.

Community education center. We created an education center in the Morris Center that can accommodate groups up to 50. With last year's addition of Register Dietitian Nutritionist, Emily Melby, we have enhanced expertise in the area of diet and nutrition. We plan to offer education opportunities for patients, families, employers, wellness programs, and community support groups on topics in the area of foods. There is a full demonstration kitchen on site along with nutrition-related programming.

CMdeux

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Macabre

What's cool is the staff doing the prep for the challenge. It can be exact and consistent. And they will be used to doing it, whereas someone who never ever cooks with egg really may have a difficult time measuring stuff.

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview