FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: bacon dips or appetizers?  (Read 1853 times)

Description:

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
bacon dips or appetizers?
« on: December 26, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »
Thinking of doing a cheesy bacon style dip for a party tomorrow.  Anyone have tried and true recipes? 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline Janelle205

Re: bacon dips or appetizers?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 01:51:22 PM »
This may be less bacony than you are thinking, but I did a cheese ball for the first time at Thanksgiving and it was gone before any of the food for the actual meal was ready.  I've made it twice since then, and my brother just had some for lunch.

Mix together (I use my stand mixer) two packages of softened cream cheese, a packet of ranch dressing mix, and a few sloshes of Worcestershire sauce until well combined.  Add 2 1/2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and a handful or two of thinly sliced green onion, and mix well.  Shape into a ball, and roll in bacon bits.  (You can use the store bought bacon bits, but it is better if you make your own.)

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: bacon dips or appetizers?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 12:32:33 PM »
I made something similar, in terms if ingredients, but melted together and gooey for dipping in my mini crock pot.  It was good, but got thick and dry as it was sitting, warm in the crock over a few hours. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy