FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: peanut allergy theory backed up by new research  (Read 1331 times)

Description:

Offline eragon

Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: peanut allergy theory backed up by new research
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 02:12:37 PM »
This is the LEAP early intervention study-- the hypothesis being that early introduction of peanuts into high risk infants' diets might be PREVENTATIVE relative to the development of peanut allergy.

Seems to be that the intervention group's rate of PA is lower-- so that much looks awfully promising.

http://www.newsweek.com/early-introduction-allergenic-foods-key-preventing-kids-allergies-433820

But it's not clear that an identical approach works for all FA prevention in highly atopic infants.  (Which I'd already have predicted, based upon our own experiences with DD).

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 02:40:08 PM by CMdeux »
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline eragon

Re: peanut allergy theory backed up by new research
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:43:18 AM »
For me the ones that fall through the treatments and develop allergy need a further study on them!

It is like the 'may contain' statements, traces will cause a reaction for some and not others, its all in that grey area, we need to understand why they fail with current treatments, and focus on them. 

All these cures and studies just add another jigsaw piece to an ever greater complicated puzzle. 
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.