New Compact Auto Injector in Development

Started by GoingNuts, January 05, 2016, 11:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

Another new one! Fits on a key chain.

http://kstp.com/news/new-smaller-minnesota-made-epinephrine-device-could-be-easier-for-allergy-sufferers-to-carry/4038668/

But it looks like you have to do the twinject kind of thing. BOO. :P
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

GoingNuts

Wow, I love the idea of something that small that could fit on a keychain, but not if it is difficult to use.  That looks like it could be hard to handle, especially if impaired by a reaction.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

momma2boys

Why is it that everyone sees they need to be smaller except for Mylan? Why aren't they trying to take the lead on this race?
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

CMdeux

I don't have any idea, but it's such a huge issue that I have to wonder if the executives and development/marketing teams there simply don't use the product themselves in the real world or something.   :-/

Adults who carry meds have ONE complaint about them-- make-it-smaller-make-it-smaller-make-it-smaller-make-it-smaller.  Period.  This is true for diabetics, for asthmatics, for those with heart conditions, etc. etc. etc.

It's NOT rocket science.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

starlight

Maybe they were so focused on the redesign (which is horrendous) that they missed a crucial window when people were grabbing up patents for new, smaller versions. Maybe they're not developing a smaller one because they can't, maybe all the ideas they come up with are already patented by others...

PurpleCat

or maybe, they just don't care.  What they have works so why invest $$ to change it.

ajasfolks2

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

ajasfolks2

GoingNuts

"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

ajasfolks2

Doing happy dance too, GN! Our teenagers are sick of carrying big, bulky epipens again . . .

spacecanada

Best news ever! They just don't make pockets big enough for EpiPens in ladies wear.  Sooooooo happy! Let the countdown begin.  And fingers crossed they return Allerject to Canada as well.   :happydance:
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview