Matzoh

Started by Mezzo, March 10, 2013, 08:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mezzo

Is matzoh generally safe for PA?  Do you have a brand you go to?

We went to a Passover program tonight and now my kids want to try some. I am all for it.

hezzier

GoingNuts

In theory, matzoh that is specially made to be kosher for Passover should be safe for PA, because legumes are forbidden (at least for European Jews).  Tree nuts, however, are huge during Passover.  :tongue:

I don't take anything for granted though.  I would definitely call, or check the website.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

maeve

I get an Israeli brand of matzo.  I'm not sure of the exact brand name but I get it at my local Wegman's.  It's for DH.  DD doesn't eat matzo.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

hezzier

Gn just mentioned Matzoh chocolate caramel crack in another thread...so now I want make some.

Anyone have recommended brands?

GoingNuts

Hmmm, I was going to direct you to Manischewitz's website, which used to have unbelievably detailed allergen info, but it seems they've re-vamped their site and all the allergen info they have is the product labels themselves.  Which is disappointing, because their labeling was never as good as their site.

I've always gone with Manischewitz or Streit's.  This could change, because some Grand Poo-bah rabbinate has now declared that Ashkenazi Jews can eat rice and legumes, as Sephardim always have.  This is actually bad news for us, because we never worried about PN or Chick Peas at Passover!

I have to run now, but more later. 
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview