FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Reactions & Stories

Scary reaction that ended well

<< < (2/10) > >>

GoingNuts:
I was at work when I read this earlier and couldn't post a response.

OMG, I was sick reading your post!  Of course risk is higher when we're away from home, and the additional loss of control when a reaction takes place in an unfamiliar place just adds to the terror.

I'm glad he's OK.

What airline are you flying?  And remind me - what are his allergens?  Does the airline serve his allergens?

We went to Captiva and Sanibel when DS1 was an infant.  We loved it!

momma2boys:
Oh no, that is so scary! Im so sorry you had to deal with that, especially on vacation! We dealt with same attitude from an Er dr. Luckily my neighbor was the EMT and backed me up! Hoping for an uneventful flight. I absolutely love Sanibel and Captiva btw!!

my3guys:
Thanks guys. GN -- we are flying JetBlue because they don't serve nuts. Only snacks -- there may be some eggy things but he's around egg often without a problem. He's peanut tree nut and egg allergic. I called JetBlue today and they will ask for people to refrain from eating nuts in seats around him. We badly want to get home but I will be a wreck until we are.

Thinking about this more...he's had Epi 3 times now. Once in allergist office once at home and now this. He didnt get that immediate full relief from it any of 3 times. Will have to ask about that.

GoingNuts:
Glad you're flying Jet Blue.

Did you get replacement epis?

momma2boys:
My ds didn't get full immediate relief either. Please let us know when you are home safely.  :grouphug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version