Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in the Boston Area

Started by GoingNuts, July 17, 2016, 12:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctmartin

GoingNuts ... will he be at Boston College?!  We were in Boston a couple of years ago and we NEVER eat in ice cream places, but the Ben & Jerry's on Newbury Street were super accommodating ... using clean scoops, opening new containers (we are PA and sesame).  Also, we ate at Cheeseboy in downtown crossing with no problems. 

GoingNuts

Yes Ct - he is at BC Law School.  He is PN, TN, sesame, chick pea and some forms of soy. 
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

ctmartin

I'm a BC alum ... AWESOME school!  Best of luck to him!!  Unfortunately, it's been awhile (too long to admit) and I do not have FA, so I don't know how they handle allergies there, but please keep us posted on his campus life.  My daughter wants to go to BC, too (she's just started middle school), but unless we win the lottery ... ha!  I hope he stays safe and has a fabulous experience ... he should be very proud of himself ;)

GoingNuts

He's in law school and an off campus apartment, so it really isn't much of an issue.  He hasn't had any trouble finding safe food in Massachusetts.   :thumbsup:

He's starting his second year, and really enjoyed his first year.  You don't hear too many law students say they enjoyed year one, LOL!  ;D
N.E. US

hezzier

110 Grill...multiple locations, have not been but they claim to be great with allergies

GoingNuts

N.E. US

DoubleAs

Just visited Boston  last week and Sweet Cheeks BBQ handled my son's egg and tree nut allergies SO well! Plus the food was delicious!!

hezzier

Mezzo

Any recommendations about where to order pizza for someone with a peanut allergy? What chains are there in Boston? I've seen that there's Domino's.

Macabre

We do Dominos's all the time. We also do Little Ceasar's, if that's available.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

hezzier

Bertucci's is a good one to look into.  We eat at them, I know if years past that their pesto did not contain nuts.  I know they've had desserts in the past that are peanutbutter but they don't make them on site.  Not sure if there is one close enough to where she will be staying.

Mezzo

The Union Oyster House is good for peanut allergies. The chef has that allergy.

hezzier

Twist Cafe is opening a second location in Burlington, MA in late summer.  Haven't tried it yet since the one time we were in the area, they were closed...this is soooo much closer.

hezzier

Let me preface this with I have not been to nor looked into this restaurant other than looking at the menu on line.  It's located in Newton, MA.

The chef/owner has a son with peanut and tree nut allergies.  I did see walnuts and pistachio nut oil on the current menu.

https://www.centralnewton.com/new-page-1/

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview