Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Pineapple deserts  (Read 765 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Pineapple deserts
« on: August 09, 2016, 08:47:28 AM »
I want to make a desert with pineapple. I have a can of sliced pineapple, so can cut if chunks or crushed is called for.

I do NOT want to do pineapple upside down.

I was thinking of something like a cobbler. But all the pineapple recipes I find on-line ask for self-rising flour, which I do not have and do not want to buy.

If I use a recipe for Apple or peach cobbler, and substitute pineapple (and maybe different spices?) is there any reason it should not work?

I'm thinking, pineapple, cherries (jar), and brown sugar; topped with flour, oats, salt, crumbled with butter.

My recipe asks for cinnamon (with apples) but I don't think cinnamon would work....what about ginger?

~~~

If anyone has a tried and successful recipe I'd appreciate it.

Offline hedgehog

Re: Pineapple deserts
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 10:14:32 AM »
Cobbler should work just fine with pineapple.  I think cinnamon would actually be ok, but your idea of ginger sounds much better.
USA

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 10:15:28 AM »
You can also sauté pineapple with butter and brown sugar, for a nice topping for ice cream or pound cake.
USA

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 11:26:27 AM »
You can also sauté pineapple with butter and brown sugar, for a nice topping for ice cream or pound cake.

One day I would like to try grilled pineapple. But not today.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 04:17:21 PM »
^^ One of my faves, with a dash of cayenne.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 08:09:27 PM »
I made the pineapple crumble. I used a can of pineapple rings, which I cut to bite size, and a jar of cherries.

There are no left overs.