login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Pineapple deserts  (Read 2508 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

Pineapple deserts
« on: August 09, 2016, 08:47:28 AM »
I want to make a desert with pineapple. I have a can of sliced pineapple, so can cut if chunks or crushed is called for.

I do NOT want to do pineapple upside down.

I was thinking of something like a cobbler. But all the pineapple recipes I find on-line ask for self-rising flour, which I do not have and do not want to buy.

If I use a recipe for Apple or peach cobbler, and substitute pineapple (and maybe different spices?) is there any reason it should not work?

I'm thinking, pineapple, cherries (jar), and brown sugar; topped with flour, oats, salt, crumbled with butter.

My recipe asks for cinnamon (with apples) but I don't think cinnamon would work....what about ginger?

~~~

If anyone has a tried and successful recipe I'd appreciate it.

Offline hedgehog

Re: Pineapple deserts
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 10:14:32 AM »
Cobbler should work just fine with pineapple.  I think cinnamon would actually be ok, but your idea of ginger sounds much better.
USA

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 10:15:28 AM »
You can also sauté pineapple with butter and brown sugar, for a nice topping for ice cream or pound cake.
USA

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 11:26:27 AM »
You can also sauté pineapple with butter and brown sugar, for a nice topping for ice cream or pound cake.

One day I would like to try grilled pineapple. But not today.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 04:17:21 PM »
^^ One of my faves, with a dash of cayenne.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 08:09:27 PM »
I made the pineapple crumble. I used a can of pineapple rings, which I cut to bite size, and a jar of cherries.

There are no left overs.