imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: need help about school accommodation  (Read 2635 times)

Description:

gardengirl

need help about school accommodation
« on: August 18, 2016, 08:24:44 PM »
I'm a regular poster posting for a friend.  Her child is going into high school that is refusing to give the child a nut/peanut-free table and refusing to clean the lunch table between lunch waves.  They want her child to wipe down the table himself and 'be responsible for their own allergies.'  Do you have any links she can use to show the school they should be making this pretty basic accommodation?  Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Re: need help about school accommodation
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 09:11:13 PM »
We do have some high school threads. I will try to link to them in a bit.

I guess I think that in high school those aren't basic accommodations anymore. :-/ It's not that a child's need suddenly goes away in high school.

I bet the high school hasn't had to make many accommodations for FAs. My son was the first in his high school to have a 504 dor FA, and he just graduated. I know the school had more of them in the grades that came up after him.

Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 09:51:40 AM »
somewhere there is a thread for this as I know I have discussed DD's accommodations before.  I will try and search.  DD's accommodations were not at that level though as she stopped sitting at an allergy table at a younger age.  Some of what we did ask for might be good ideas for your friend.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 10:04:20 AM »
silly me, it's the very next thread down.  Sample 504 for HS

Offline lakeswimr

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 11:03:40 AM »
Thank you.