FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

Instant Pot!

<< < (3/122) > >>

starlight:

--- Quote from: hedgehog on August 22, 2016, 10:39:46 PM ---Every time I see the title of the thread, a different thought comes into my mind.  One involving fast-growing plants that are only legal in a few states.

--- End quote ---

I don't come to this part of the boards, but I see this post as the most recent post in recipes every time I go to the homepage. And I just clicked in to post this exact same thing. What are we conjuring up in here, ladies?  :watch:

becca:

--- Quote from: hedgehog on August 22, 2016, 10:39:46 PM ---Every time I see the title of the thread, a different thought comes into my mind.  One involving fast-growing plants that are only legal in a few states.

--- End quote ---

:D

GoingNuts:
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

YouKnowWho:
I do a double take when my in schooling hippy loving friends post about their Instant Pot as well  :coffee:

Ciel:
So, I bought an instant pot a little while ago. I have major issues with eating and actually getting food in, no motivation to cook, no desire to eat blahblahblah... In my quest to find a way to actually get food cooked and eaten I decided to invest in the instant pot. Anyway. I used it once so far, the meal was fine -- some kind of pot roast recipe. Today I'm cleaning my kitchen and moved the instant pot aside so I could wipe down the counters and the stove top... I must have accidentally hit the knob and turned the burner on....I smelled burning plastic... Yeah... the instant pot. The bottom melted off (or onto the element coil). Oh no, no, no... What a stupid, expensive, bad bad mistake! I have the windows and the door to the balcony wide open, kitchen and bathroom fans on...  I can't believe I did that.

Should I replace it? It's still on sale on Amazon. It was nice the one time I used it, easy to use and convenient. My slow cooker has been limping lately so I bought the IP to replace that too, because I actually use my slow cooker a lot. But ugh, spending the money a second time... On the other hand I need to do something so I actually eat, which I otherwise don't really do. I planned on using the grain cooker and yogurt maker features too.

Those of you that have one, would you replace right away if you were in my shoes?

I also bought two new attachments for my stand mixer as part of the same 'plan' to start eating real food again... at least those should be safe from being melted on the stove top. One would hope anyway...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version