Instant Pot!

Started by becca, August 20, 2016, 05:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoingNuts

For the snowstorm tomorrow I'll be doing half a turkey breast, which will free my oven up to roast veggies.  And maybe bake something.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Stinky10

space - how about oatmeal?

I wish we had a snowstorm
Spanking cats for 40 years!

Stinky10

ds and I had oatmeal for dinner

it was so easy and good

I like not having to stir  :) 

spacecanada

I only have rolled oats at home and the recipes I find are for steel cut, which I cannot find a safe variety.  What ratio should I use?  (We rarely actually cook our oatmeal, oddly enough... we usually make museli.)
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Stinky10

spacecanada

Other than the walnuts giving me an initial shock, this looks really good.  And only three minutes.  Wow.  I am going to try pear ginger oatmeal for lunch today.  Thank you, Stinky!
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Stinky10

I didn't add the walnuts either - YUCK!

I just did apples, cinnamon and salt - oatmeal and water

I want to make this....

http://www.rebootedmom.com/2017/02/24/irish-colcannon-recipe/

hezzier

DH did hard boiled eggs today.  So easy to peal.

becca

Going to try the corned beef in the IP tomorrow.  Anyone else?  Anyone done it before and have advice?  I know the pulled pork I did once was the best I had ever made, compared to the crock pot.  So much more fat melted away, yet was still very moist. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

krasota

I've always done corned beef in a pressure cooker.  I could've sworn I only did 45 min in my stovetop cooker, but all the recipes I find are for 60-90min.  Last night, I did one with 3c water, 2.5lb corned beef, 70min high pressure.  natural pressure release.  Put in potatoes, cabbage, onions after straining liquid and removing beef.  I only strain because i hate getting bits of bay leave and coriander in my veggies.  3min high pressure, then instant release.

--
DS (04/07) eggs (baked okay now!)
DD (03/12) eggs (small dose baked), stevia
DH histamine intolerance
Me?  Some days it seems like everything.

becca

Thanks...I have read that the stovetop ones do it more quickly.  Need to remember to soak it tonight.  I like to get some of the salt out of it.  I think I will roast or saute the cabbage.  I prefer it to boiled.  But, will boil the potatoes and carrots and onions.  Wow, only 3 mins for the veggies? 

becca

I am going to whip up some mac and cheese for my neighbor, because I don't have time to do anything time consuming, but she just had surgery on her shoulder, is miserable and one-armed for weeks.  I will top it with crumbs and bake it, but the prep in the IP is a snap, and makes the noodles a perfect al dente before baking.  They kept a good texture last time I did it that way.  It will make feeding her 13yo teens easier for a couple of days. 

hezzier

DH is going to do the corned beef on Sunday.  He bought the traditional new england gray one...I'll let you know how it was.

becca

Instant Pot was great for the corned beef.  I got a red, 3.5 pounds, maybe more, and did 85 minutes manual, NPR, because I was waiting for family to be home.  It was so tender, and still sliced nicely.  I wish I did 2 because there is not much leftover.

momma2boys

peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview