Food Allergy Support is now on Twitter. Follow us @FASupport. You may also follow our Tweets in our new global footer at the bottom of the page here at FAS!

FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Instant Pot!  (Read 43192 times)

Description:

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Instant Pot!
« Reply #435 on: January 15, 2018, 07:54:13 AM »
That looks yummy Stinky.  I'd skip the sprouts as well.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #436 on: January 16, 2018, 10:09:00 AM »
I am going to LOVE this thing come summer.

Iím making potato salad.

Peel and cut potatoes. Put in pot with one cup water, place eggs on top.

5 min on high pressure, quick release.

Eggs are sitting it water cooking right now, so hopefully they are firm enough. Potatoes are perfect.

I do not have a steamer rack. I just used the trivet the IP came with. Some potato fell through, but seems fine.

No steamed up kitchen. No pouring of boiling water if you have an actual steamer...which I plan to get.

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2018, 06:47:02 PM »
Hey SL - you can crack your eggs, put them raw in a safe dish and put that on top of yer taters

then you have an "egg loaf" that you just chop up - no peeling - even though it's usually really easy with the IP.

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2018, 06:50:11 PM »
I made pho again
yum :)

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2018, 09:17:21 PM »
Made spaghetti squash tonight, which I then tossed with sautťed tomatoes and mushrooms, and sprinkled with some parmiagano reggiano.  Delish, and the squash came out perfect. Sometimes when I oven roast it is comes out a bit undercooked. 
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2018, 10:11:05 PM »
Hey SL - you can crack your eggs, put them raw in a safe dish and put that on top of yer taters

then you have an "egg loaf" that you just chop up - no peeling - even though it's usually really easy with the IP.

I considered trying that. Happy with how it turned out so will probably stick with this way.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #441 on: January 22, 2018, 07:17:22 AM »
I made stir fry beef and broccoli and it was really good and I wouldn't normally make it because the beef always comes out tough. So a win for the instant pot. The only thing I'd do differently is add the broccoli and then add the cornstarch to thicken. I got it thickened, but then it got watery after adding the broccoli. I used low sodium soy sauce and it actually could have used a bit of salt. I used "stir fry" beef from the store, so it was already cut up. Easy-peasy. Used my rice cooker to make rice and microwaved frozen broccoli. So not one-pot, but the beef came out perfect.

https://www.adventuresofanurse.com/2016/02/01/better-than-take-out-beef-broccoli/

Offline hezzier

« Reply #442 on: January 22, 2018, 11:23:51 AM »
Now I want beef and broccoli...but that one has too much sugar for my nutrition plan.  Might have to try this one...

https://confessionsofafitfoodie.com/2018/01/instant-pot-beef-broccoli-21-day-fix/
DS (13 yrs) TN
DD (16 yrs) cat, wasps and yellow jackets

NH, USA

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #443 on: January 25, 2018, 05:52:26 PM »
Had some chili lime chicken Iíd made, with some peach salsa as well on the making of it.  I decided I wanted hot food, so used it to whip up a chicken chili.  Iíve used a diced onion, 2 large garlic cloves, drained petite diced tomatoes, no salt added, a can of white beans, about 2t tsp ancho chili powder, some cumin, ground oregano, Goya seasoning, 1/2 cup uncooked white rice, and 2 cans water(14 oz can from the tomatoes).

I decided to do manual for 3 minutes, and NPR, so the rice cooks as it releases naturally.  All of these ingredients are 0 points on the new WW Freestyle, except for the rice and a dab of EVOO I used.  1/2 c cooked rice is 3 points.  Iíll have to see how many servings this yields, but probably about 2 points for a serving.  I might add some sweet corn, and spinach, also zero points. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and egg allergy(can do some baked items)

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2018, 06:42:36 PM »
That sounds terrific!
N.E. US

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #445 on: January 25, 2018, 06:54:57 PM »
Itís yummy!  I had cilantro, and we put some on top.  I did add some frozen corn and chopped spinach, doing a high pressure for 0.  There was a bit of sticking after that, but not scorched.  Iíd just add those with everything else next time, unless I had fresh spinach.  Dh just had a second bowl.
dd with peanut, tree nut and egg allergy(can do some baked items)

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #446 on: January 25, 2018, 09:19:37 PM »
Yum

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #447 on: January 27, 2018, 02:46:49 PM »
I'm gonna make cabbage soup in my pot today  :)  you know the old weigh watchers recipe - sort of - I think that calls for V8 and I don't have that

I made fruit water today
1 cup pinapple 1 cup mango - 8 cups water - 5 mins - QR
you can add ginger or herbs and use any combo - good stuff

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #448 on: January 27, 2018, 03:00:03 PM »
Fruit water - what a great idea.  Iím thinking cranberries, lime and ginger. 
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #449 on: January 27, 2018, 04:54:00 PM »
I made fruit water today
1 cup pinapple 1 cup mango - 8 cups water - 5 mins - QR
you can add ginger or herbs and use any combo - good stuff

Do you then add ice?