FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Instant Pot!  (Read 132220 times)

Description:

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
Re: Instant Pot!
« Reply #525 on: August 01, 2018, 01:35:12 PM »
That looks good!  I love baked beans, but they are very sweet, so I never make them.  Again, I’d be the only one to eat this.  I don’t even think dh would do more than try them.  He’s not a big fan of sweet dishes.
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline BensMom

« Reply #526 on: September 25, 2018, 12:42:39 PM »
I made this last night and it was really good. DH was home early and made biscuits for me. (I was going to make them, but he's the one makes them sometimes for breakfast. I've never made them in my life.)

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/264362/instant-pot-chicken-pot-pie-crustless-and-gluten-free/

Some reviews said it was watery, so I put in only 1 cup of chicken broth. After I mixed in the cream and let it simmer, it was still very watery, so I added a flour/water mixture and it thickened up. I also used just over a pound of chicken and it was too much compared to the veggies, though I didn't really measure the veggies, so I will next time. I added diced potatoes also. We ate it over biscuits.

Instant Pot® Chicken Pot Pie (Crustless and Gluten-Free)

Recipe By:Jane Cooks It Up
"Make this delicious, flavorful, chicken pot (no pie) pie in your Instant Pot(R) pressure cooker. Not necessary to pre-saute the chicken or onions. No crust, wheat free, gluten free. Serve in bowls."
Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cubed
    1 1/2 cups chicken broth
    1 1/2 cups diced carrots
    1 1/2 cups diced celery
    1 cup corn kernels
    1 large onion, diced
    1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 cup heavy cream
    1/2 cup frozen peas

Directions

• Combine chicken, broth, carrots, celery, corn, onion, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, poultry seasoning, and thyme in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
  • Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method, about 10 minutes more. Unlock and remove lid.
  • Stir in cream and peas. Select Saute function. Cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 9/25/2018

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #527 on: September 26, 2018, 01:51:35 PM »
this looks good!

I did butter chicken last night.....   YUM!
Spanking cats for 40 years!

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #528 on: October 01, 2018, 12:56:02 PM »
So I cook a box of quinoa every couple weeks and then freeze it in 1/2 cup portions to scramble into my eggs or defrost and throw onto my salad.  I did it in the instant pot today.  It was nice not to babysit the stove. 

2 C quinoa
3 C water

Spray the instant pot liner with cooking spray.  Cook on High pressure for 1 minute and then let pressure release naturally for 15 minutes or so.  Came out great.

I saw this recipe and thought it looked good.

https://ourbestbites.com/greek-pressure-cooker-chicken/

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #529 on: October 01, 2018, 03:32:19 PM »
That does look good.  Penzy’s makes a great Greek seasoning blend.  I use so much of it for marinating chicken and for salad dressing.  I’ve used it to do chicken with it and lemon juice, like the chili lime chicken.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #530 on: October 03, 2018, 06:30:11 PM »
So I made the greek chicken tonight, everyone liked it.  Kids ate it over rice, I had mine without and DH had his over cauliflower.  If you double the recipe, you do not need to double the liquid...keeping it the same or going 1.5 times would be enough.

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #531 on: October 22, 2018, 12:19:46 PM »
I made a meal with mine for pennies  :)

started out cleaning my freezer
found a few bags of bones and veggies
used the chicken carcasses and veg to make broth - then added left over rice - seasoned with lemon, parm and a pinch of penzy Italian Seasons  -   LUNCH! It was really good too

I mixed beef and pork bones to make a batch of darker broth

Offline BensMom

« Reply #532 on: October 24, 2018, 09:23:03 AM »
Very industrious of you! I don't save bones. I keep hearing about bone broth, but something about it makes me go yuck, though I do make chicken soup with a whole chicken.

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #533 on: October 29, 2018, 11:18:59 AM »
I did a chicken soup yesterday.  Normally, I’d do it from leftover bones, and add chicken I might have left from grilling or a rotisserie chicken, but I started from scratch with the whole bird yesterday.  It came out good.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #534 on: October 31, 2018, 04:02:55 PM »
That's how I always do chicken soup, but I haven't tried it in the IP.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #535 on: October 31, 2018, 08:14:18 PM »
Bensmom, me, too. The term bones broth makes me gag. I can’t believe I just typed it. Now that DS has an apartment, DH bought two containers of it and I told him I don’t want them in the house. I covered the containers with post it notes so I don’t have to read them. :hiding:
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #536 on: October 31, 2018, 08:52:18 PM »
Same here.  I add soup greens - carrot, celery, onion, leek, parsley and dill. Sometimes a turnip and parsnip as well.  Makes the house smell divine.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #537 on: November 01, 2018, 12:42:18 PM »

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #538 on: November 01, 2018, 03:33:02 PM »
That does, but I’d sub red or yellow peppers. 

Offline Stinky10

« Reply #539 on: November 01, 2018, 07:22:50 PM »
Same here.  I add soup greens - carrot, celery, onion, leek, parsley and dill. Sometimes a turnip and parsnip as well.  Makes the house smell divine.

ladies - you can poach that whole chicken right in the pot - fill to cover 90% - I think the recipe says 5t salt - I add a bay leaf and peppercorns  - either 1 or 2 mins manual
- npr 15 mins or more.....

you have a whole poached chicken and broth ready to go!

then save the carcass in the freezer

btw - we didn't freeze my meat bone broth so I had to toss it - so much for being frugal - I tried