imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Instant Pot!  (Read 132286 times)

Description:

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Instant Pot!
« Reply #555 on: December 25, 2018, 06:05:55 PM »
I did a whole chicken in mine tonight and it was perfection.  I seared it on both sides first, then cooked 6 minutes per pound. Made a spice rub and stuffed it with onions and lemons.   The Gravy is amazing. 

At this rate I don’t care if my oven ever gets fixed, lol.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline BensMom

« Reply #557 on: March 03, 2019, 01:46:48 PM »
Hmm, my mom used to make a kind of stuffed cabbage that might be similar to this. Not sure. Maybe I'll try it. I don't like cabbage but dh does and I'd like the filling. I do have a stuffed pepper recipe that is like stuffed cabbage, but with peppers.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #558 on: March 03, 2019, 02:22:01 PM »
I love cabbage. Especially cabbage rolls or corned beef & cabbage.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #559 on: March 03, 2019, 05:46:00 PM »
SL? That’s a pretty classic Jewish stuffed cabbage recipe, adapted for the IP. Can’t wait to hear how it comes out!
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #560 on: March 03, 2019, 06:23:28 PM »
I’m sticking with my recipe. I don’t think I’m going to try in my IP...though I kind of want to.

I will use it to separate the leaves though.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #561 on: March 04, 2019, 03:13:54 PM »
I followed his instructions to loosen the leaves. The first few were like peeling wet tissue. But after that, it worked great. Better than either freezing or putting in boiling water. Safer too. I dumped it into a strainer and finished getting my meat ready. By the time I was ready to use it, it was warm but not hot.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #562 on: March 04, 2019, 04:28:12 PM »
I made beef stroganoff in my IP a few weeks ago. I took things from various recipes, but the basic method worked really well. Saute the meat, add flour and broth and some other stuff (I used wine and worcestershire sauce) and cook under pressure. Then open the pot, add noodles and cook under pressure again. It really made it flavorful. Add sour cream at the end. I sauteed mushrooms first, then removed them and added some back at the end. I'm not a fan of mushrooms, but the flavoring from them is fine.

I had tried crock pot beef stroganoff once and it didn't taste great and it looked gross. The IP version was really good and dh liked it too.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #563 on: March 04, 2019, 08:14:12 PM »
I love Beef Stroganoff.  And I’m definitely going to use the IP method when I make my Passover stuffed cabbage.  :thumbsup:
N.E. US

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #564 on: April 05, 2019, 03:25:29 PM »
https://tidbits-marci.com/instant-pot-chipotle-shredded-chicken/#respond

Going to make this tonight, but why would it need 20 minutes to cooke?  Chili lime chicken only needs 6...due to the amount of sauce?  Worried it's going to be overcooked chicken.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #565 on: April 05, 2019, 04:08:37 PM »
I recently found this, but have not made it yet.

https://twosleevers.com/instant-pot-iced-tea/

Offline BensMom

« Reply #566 on: April 05, 2019, 04:21:54 PM »
https://tidbits-marci.com/instant-pot-chipotle-shredded-chicken/#respond

Going to make this tonight, but why would it need 20 minutes to cooke?  Chili lime chicken only needs 6...due to the amount of sauce?  Worried it's going to be overcooked chicken.

I basically make the same recipe with pork, but in the crock pot. I just made it this week and thought about using the instant pot, but decided to just set it up in the crock pot and enjoy the aroma all day. Let us know how it turns out.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #567 on: April 05, 2019, 06:05:34 PM »
We loved it...I altered the recipe though, so it has some kick.

Used:
 6 chicken breasts
whole 7.5 oz can of chipotle peppers with sauce pureed in food processor
doubled the spices
half the salt

Also only cooked it for 10 minutes, we checked the chicken with an instant read thermometer and it was well over 165 so I think the time could be cut down more.  The sauce is thick so beware of scorching on the bottom.

DH has his over cauliflower rice, DS had rice, DD and I had it over quinoa

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #568 on: April 28, 2019, 11:56:35 AM »
Just made a batch of iced tea.

5 tbs sugar
8 cups water

Stirred to dissolve

4 tea bags

4 minutes high pressure. QR

Added wedges of half lemon. And two trays ice.

One tea bag had burst, so I strained into a pitcher and added fresh lemon wedges. It’s sitting in fridge cooling, but the taste I had, it was actually the best homemade iced tea I’ve ever had.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #569 on: April 28, 2019, 02:10:39 PM »
Wow, what an awesome way to make a large quantity of iced tea!  I’d do it without the sugar.  I like it unsweetened.
N.E. US